Anybody going North ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody going North ?

Melanie & Mary and Sarah & I are heading out of Blaine this morning for a cruise around Patos- Sucia & Matia . Should be in the water by 10:00 look for a couple old cruisers ( And a couple boats ) if you are in the area . :boater1:

Will be on Chan 69
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Hey, might have joined you if I'd seen your post at 6 a.m. We are planning to run down to James Island tomorrow if you aren't tired of boating. Plan to depart the Scenic Estate dock on Lummi around 10 a.m. Will probably go to dock on west side of James if there is space. Otherwise, the bay on east side of island.
    Jerry and Becky
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Great day on the water !

Had a great day out on the water today. Water was picture perfect. Lots of space on the docks at Sucia , had lunch and spent some Island time. This is a great spot for a group Camp out with some real nice group areas and very clean toilets. Both boats made it out and back with little or no issues. Tried out my new electronic ignition and still had a few coughs through the Carb at high R.P.M. ran real good at 3000 R.P.M. which got me up around 23-24 M.P.H. Have to work out the hic cups before the Vets cruise but it should be pretty simple. Gives me an excuse to get it on Lake Whatcom. Thanks Melanie & Mary for the security and hope to do it again soon.
      Attached Files
      Rick & Sarah

Comment

Mary and I had an awesome time with Sarah and Rick exploring the north. This was the second cruise with our Skagit 20 and other then having one of the bow eye bolt snap off and slam into Ricks chest while he was helping launch the boat this shakedown cruise couldn't have been any more trouble free. I ran her up to 36 mph (gps) and there was more throttle left but I am still feeling the boat out.The 115 Merc really kicks the boat up on plane and once there it's like it hits passing gear in a car and hits 30 mph in a flash but cruising at 22-24 was more comfortable for me. Much thanks to Thom ,AKA Dr. Frankenmerc for answering my many questions and supplying needed parts.

Sucia had some nice campsites and hope that we will get a chance this summer to get back there to do some hiking and exploring.
        Attached Files
        1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Wow ! What a great day you guys had ! ! I did show your pic's to Sheila and said we need to do that sometime. Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Bruce and I want to make that trip. Need to have a little more notice. Bruce and I are planning on splashing a couple of boats in Big Lake an Wednesday about 1:00 pm. Anyone else want to come with or without a boat. Clint

Comment

Clint, Where is Big Lake ? I seem to have heard of it, can't remember where. Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

East

East of Mt. Vernon - Nice little lake with a decent dock :Bigdriving1:
                Rick & Sarah

Comment

Big Lake is east of Mt Vernon off Highway 9. The launch is on the west side of the lake. It is between McMurrey and Big Rock. Boy I bet that helps a lot. Highway is on the east side of the lake and west Big Lake BLVD goes on the west side. Clint

Comment

Nice cruise Rick, I envy you. Very calm conditions it seems. Those pictures tell me that Sucia Island is a place to go this summer.

Comment

Working...
                    X