New Vessel Registration Certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vessel Registration Certificate

On both of my recently-received WA Vessel Registration Certificates, there is a line that says "A carbon monoxide label must be visible inside your vessel". Neither my 1967 nor my 1975 boat has any such thing, of course. Do any of you pay any attention and/or try to do anything about this "requirement"?

Originally posted by BillF, post: 17916
    Do any of you pay any attention and/or try to do anything about this "requirement"?
    Short answer is yes. While launching our boat last month a WDFW approached us and wanted to inspect our boat. It was on his check list.
    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Required

Originally posted by BillF, post: 17916
      On both of my recently-received WA Vessel Registration Certificates, there is a line that says "A carbon monoxide label must be visible inside your vessel". Neither my 1967 nor my 1975 boat has any such thing, of course. Do any of you pay any attention and/or try to do anything about this "requirement"?
      Like Melanie says - It's required and if you go to any place that renews license tabs (Malls ) they will give you one for free.
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

I put mine on the fold down cover for my stereo which is never folded down. This removes the unsightly sticker from view, and makes it easily accessible when officer friendly comes around.
        Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
        Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Good luck with officer Friendly. I'm recalling it says it has to be prominently displayed. Mine is on the dash and ugly but the CG approved of it when we were boarded last summer.
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

I'm in the paperwork process of getting my 17' titled and registered. I've never come across any mention of a carbon monoxide label on the Canadian side of things. My next purchase will need to come with a title too much paperwork otherwise.

Comment

Never could figure out why I needed that sticker in an open cockpit boat. Screwy1

The fumes wouldn't really come into effect unless I was laying down in the scuppers, and I think that would indicate a larger problem of some kind.
              Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
              Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

I think they started requiring the sticker after a couple people died from carbon monoxide poising after surfing the wake just behind the boat. I think they even make special boats for this now that exhaust out one side.:Police1:
                Dave Wickline
                1967 Jeepster Convertible
                1957 Bell Boy 16' Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Sammamish1, post: 17932
                  Never could figure out why I needed that sticker in an open cockpit boat. Screwy1

The fumes wouldn't really come into effect unless I was laying down in the scuppers, and I think that would indicate a larger problem of some kind.
                  If you've ever sat in one spot idling for any length of time, or worse been moving very slowly with a little tail wind you might notice the sweet smell of exhaust fumes. The state started requiring the stickers after several people died from carbon monoxide poisoning (most cases were situations of multiple boats rafted together and one in the middle idling to stay of the shore and the fumes wafting around the group)

I placed two on my boat (one on each side of the back seat) makes it a little more symetrical and less obnoxious.
                  Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                  1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Good.
                    Great.
                    ........................Fine...................... .....

Just more rules. Like seat belts.....
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen
                    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 17938

seat belts are only mandatory if originally equipped with them. (in vehicles at least)

Comment

Anyone under 16 has to wear a seat belt. My G-kids can't legally ride in the back seat of my 1963 Nova.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 17938
                          Good.
                          Great.
                          ........................Fine...................... .....

Good point, Joe!

You're right, it is a good rule, just like the seat belt law that has saved thousands of lives, especially those of children.

If I remember correctly, one of the deaths (perhaps the last one) that led to this law was a young lady (teenager, I think) that died after "teak surfing" behind an open runabout.

Comment

Keeping officers off my boat

I think it is much easier to comply with the regs. Most of the stuff on the check list they can see from the dock. Have it handy if not. The last thing I want is somebody boarding into my private boating space. especially if my party favors dont pass their personal belief test. Happy opening day of crabbing to everybody. Cant wait. John

Comment

Crab Season

Bellingham - area 7
                              CLOSED
                              Rules:

CRAB: Dungeness and Red Rock Crab, all fishing methods;

Seasons:

Will Open at 7:00 a.m. July 15, 2011. Will be open Thursday through Monday only through September 30, 2011. Any additional opening dates will be announced in October. Refer to Shellfish Rule Change toll free Hotline, (866) 880-5431, or visit http://wdfw.wa.gov.

Crab Limits and Rules

Species Min. size Limit Season Additional Rules
                              Dungeness Crab 6.25" 5 Males see above Must retain back shell while in the field.
                              Must release all softshell, females and undersized crab.
                              Catch record card required.
                              Red Rock Crab 5" Six crab
                              Either sex see above Must retain back shell while in the field.
                              Must release all softshell
                              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Working...
                              X