Balls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls

Went to Harbor Freight and picked up a set of those trailer alignment balls. You've probably all seen them -- two telescoping rods with a magnet on the bottom and a tennis ball on top. You put one on the tongue of the trailer and one on the hitch of your vehicle. Looking in your rear view mirror, you back until the balls meet and you are there. Did it twice yesterday and loved how easy it was. Beats having Becky tell me stop, no, pull out about an inch, okay you're off to the left, no, that would be your right, now back again, okay I think we can roll the boat trailer over enough to line things up. Only $20 as I recall and yesterday I got a flier with 20% off any purchase and a free LED flashlight with any purchase. Gee, now I'll have to go see what else they have that I can't do without!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

lining up the balls

Sounds like an ingenious contraption, Jerry. Next time you set off, take a short video, if you might?

Cheers,

Remington

Comment

Jerry !

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=508883
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hey Remington. I've been to Cotswold. Nice area. Didn't take video then and still don't. Maybe I could shoot a still pic of how the whole thing works. Then again, don't know as that would explain a lot. We'll see.

Comment

I have a set that was given to me.......Never did try them, maybe I had better take them out of the package and try it
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Camera's are nice Chuck but right now Harbor Freight has yellow balls for 1/2 price! Can hardly beat $10 and a good rear view mirror!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 17941
              Chuck, were did you find this goldmine? Their prices are way better than any of my sources!!!

Thanks for the link!!!
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
              X