Old Boats, Old Motors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Boats, Old Motors

It is amazing the simple things that can keep an old boat from being on the water. The whale has a '77 motor, that still had, until recently, most of it's original electrical components. All at once, the alternator, starter solenoid, and of all things, the ignition ballast resistor, buried deep next to the outdrive, all decided to give up the ghost. So for the last two events i have been chasing down all this stuff and now, Finally, I think i have it all figured out. the old Ford starts, and runs, no flooding, sputtering, or no spark issues.
    I think I miss my old Honda...
    ChucklB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Echo Jr, Those ignition ballast resistors will do that to you everytime ! Are you ready for the next event in two weeks ? Echo Sr
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Ditto, i wonder if you know what one is LOL, as for th eSo Sound, It depends on work. That is the big club tourney, so i may have to make it a day trip.
      Echo
      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Working...
      X