Skagit followed me home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skagit followed me home

Picked up the 1961 Skagit 18 on Saturday.

Expect to put a Mercury 900 on it after Thom works his magic.

Anyone looking for a 1983 Johnson 70hp long shaft? It was probably was always a Portland freshwater engine.
    Attached Files
    Bruce H. Drake
    1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
    1957 Norseman 19' woodie
    1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
    1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Bruce, Looks very nice. I take it the wife is out of town ?...Huh ? Best,Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Oh, YEAH!! That's what I'm talkin' about! All she needs is a big square plywood house and you'll be fishing Hood Canal with Helmar in no time!

Comment

reformed boat addict maybe

Hey, I turned a corner. My wife knew about the Skagit 18 before she went out of town. She even knew about the G3 freebie I picked up today for someone else. She did leave this morning for Chicago and won't be back till Thursday but if I stay off CL I will be safe. The wood canvas canoe in Coos Bay is too far away and the 1920's woodie is too expensive. Hopefully, a Sande Ace won't pop up somewhere.

Chuck is to blame for the Skagit 18. I really liked the Skagit Offshore (now Bainbridge) and felt a Skagit would make a good northwest trio with the Bell Boy 21 and Glasspar Phaeton. The Wacanda just does not have the Skagit pizzaz but is a very interesting boat since it can be run as a hard top, convertible with side panels, or as an open runabout. Original solid fiberglass front to back seats and rear side seats.

I must admit I got some flack about boats and trailers in front of the barn this morning at before her trip to the airport. But if I get the G3 up north, put the acquired EZ loader under the Skagit, find a home for the Caukins trailer under the Skagit, and sell the Wacanda and the blue mystery woodie 18, the barn drive will look pristine.

Heaven help me if the county bureaucrats let me built a pole barn suitable for boats. :Underconstruction1:

Boats for sale:
        Wacanda - if person I bought it from, but wants it back, does not follow thru
        Has a Johnson super sea horse 40.

Big Blue - around 18', hull and interior is in great condition. Some deck plywood needs repair.

Caulkins trailer currently under the Skagit 18. Steel roller trailer that looks to be very solid. Long tongue at 21.5" overall but seems to fit a boat the width of the Skagit 18 better.
        Bruce H. Drake
        1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
        1957 Norseman 19' woodie
        1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
        1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Bruce, way to score. That was pretty sweet deal on a nice boat including a trailer and motor. :cool1:
          '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

Bruce, the Seattle Wooden Boat Center has nice Sande Ace for $1200.

http://cwb.org/content/boats-sale

After reading the ad again, it's not a Sande Ace, but was the inspiration for the Sande Ace.
            Steve Kiesel
            1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Working...
            X