Wishing Mike Moore The Very Best !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishing Mike Moore The Very Best !

Mike is a member with the Golden State Glassics Site in California and the G3 Club as well. Some of you might know that he has had some health problems with his legs, but he will not let that stop him from boating. Below are 2 posting he posted on the GSG board in the last few days. Chuck

08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
    pathfinderz1
    Skipper Join Date: Mar 2009

Well we all knew it had to happen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I saw the doc today and the surgery to amputate my leg at the knee is set for monday morning a 6 am.
    As most of you know I have been expecting this to happen for 5 years now so nothing new. The will be doing a spinal block to numb me from the wast down and a light sedative to put the brain out. This will be the best way to do it that will put the least strain on my heart. So my screen name will change from pathfinderz1 to the piaret. I will only be in the hospital for 2 to 3 day Which will be find with me I'm tired of hospitals.
    My wife nurse Sue will be taking care of my and can't ask for anybody better.
    Did want to say anything till I knew for sure it was going to happen. Told the wife to update you after the surgery.
    Dam still got half the summer left and it will be no boating for me/
    Mike aka the piaret

Mike Moore Dayton NV

Yesterday, 08:15 AM
    pathfinderz1
    Skipper Join Date: Mar 2009

The surgery is tomorrow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to let everybody know I will be off here for a few days like maybe 4. I go in tomorrow and at 7 the surgery begains. Most of you know about this but I will being losing my right leg at the knee. So from monday on I get to play pirate for the rest of my life. My wife Sue has it all figured out for the eye patch and ear ring and a parrot for my shoulder but its going to have to be a stuffed parrot don't want the dam thing pooping all over my sholder.
    Sitll looking for a cannon for the boat. A good pirete has to have a cannon.
    So get out the good luck charms and mojos to make sure I get back on here.
    See you all in a few days
    Mike soon to be the aka pirate

Mike Moore Dayton NV
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Here is wishing all goes well and a quick recovery!!!
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, This e-mail just came from Mike's wife. Chuck

Hi Everyone. Mike had his surgery this morning and doing as well as can be expected. There just wasn't any problems like last surgery with his heart. He's having lots of pain but always worse on the first day. He was pretty much out of it from all the morphine they were giving him so will go back in the morning. Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. I tried to get on the G3 site for Mike to let them know but CRS has really kicked in today. Couldn't be that I only got 2 hours sleep last night. Just can't remember how Mike showed me ..... Oh well if some one could go on and let them know he is doing fine so far. Will be grumpy for awhile but I expect that and have a club handy in case it gets worse.
      Sue

Comment

Mike. From one Mike to to another, that's a helluva way to lose some weight. On the other hand, we can never have to many pirates. We will keep good thoughts for a speedy recovery so you can get back on the water.
        All the best. Mike and Judy.
        1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

He is a super nice guy. Have only talked to him on the phone, but you can tell. Chuck

Comment

Heal up quickly, Mike! There's still time for more boating! irate:

Comment

Thank you Chuck for letting everybody over here know whats going on with my leg
              Surgery was a seccese and I lived. Got home Wedsday afternoon. The home care nurse was by today and said everything looks good. Been up and moving aroung in my wheel chair and even out side for some sum yesterday. Also using the walker and cruchs. Well they take my leg off so I'''m going to play pirate I got the plans to make a pirate peg leg. Also have a cannon on the way. Can't be a good pirate if you don't have a cannon.
              Thanks Everybody for the good wish's they worked
              Mike aka the pirate

e
              Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

Hey Mike.
                Is it just good medication or did you Really order a Cannon irate:
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I don't know if everybody thinks kidding or if I 'm nuts. But i am going to make a pirates type peg leg and yes I'm getting a cannon. Like I have said they took my leg so i'm going to have some fun with it.
                  Mike aka the pirate

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinderz1, post: 18707
                    I don't know if everybody thinks kidding or if I 'm nuts. But i am going to make a pirates type peg leg and yes I'm getting a cannon. Like I have said they took my leg so i'm going to have some fun with it.
                    Mike aka the pirate
                    Boy Mike, nothing wrong with the peg leg but I wasn't too sure about the Cannon.
                    I have a friend of mine in Sandy Oregon that has a pretty fair size cannon and shoots it off every 4th of July.
                    The Boom shakes the house :GoodJob:
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Mike. Don't forget the parrot. Ye needs ta 'ave a parrot matey..irate:
                      1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

I may be a pirate but don't plan on shooting anybody out of the water. Just something for a big bang and a lot of smoke. Like I say got to have some fun.
                        Mike aka the pirate

Comment

Ok guys just a short up date. Been getting around in the wheel chair and walker pretty dam good. Each day I test my self on something new or just wald father in the walker. Today was to see if I could get up on the 18hp lawn tractor that I use to mover my boat trailer and pick up the big motors. Got on the tractor and drove all over the yead. Can get out back to the garden and water it now. Only thing driving me nuts is the fantom leg and foot. Don't hurt so much as stings. You want something really strange is when I get in bed it feels like my leg goes right though the mattras and I know there is no hole there..
                          If I'm lucky I may get my cannon today.
                          Mike aka the pirate

Comment

Good on ya! Just goes to show you can't keep a good man down!
                            There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

ok guys just a quick up date. Got the stichs out last friday and everything looks good. Saw the guy that will be making my new leg for me and am wareing a shrinking sock to get the stump down to size so they can make the cup as they call it to go over the stump and the leg will be hooked to that.
                              I feel geat and the stining in my fontom foor is letting up quit a bit.
                              One of the guys over on GSG Dodge sent me a flag and hat and I got my black power cannon made here are some pix
                              Mike aka the pirate
                              :HandHorn1:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X