Hanging In There

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging In There

.....As far as a handrail goes. I went and got some 18" handrails for the cabin roof on the Skagit 20 so when i'am trying to crawl out onto the bow ( the windshield is the "point of no return" ) as far as grabbing something to let the anchor out or to get off onto the beach. After throwing my buddy anchor out and tilting the motor up it would still be hard to jump down onto the beach over or under the bow rail so this one will not have one like some of my other's did. This is only the second motor i have had with tilt on the other's i did not try to beach them, so i went ahead and put bow rails on them. Another thing i changed my thinking on is, we really don't know just how much we would use it for camping overnight. I think that would be about next to zero, but if we do Sheila can sleep in the cabin and i will "camp out" in the cockpit area. Boy ! you can tell we have been married 47 years ! I decided to change the location on the port-a-potty to the lower "bunk" . It would be much better than climbing over it in the middle to get into the cabin. I do realize this is a offshore model as Skagit had the pot outside the cabin like Melanie has on her original offshore. O yea, Marty will be making another porthole cabin door like i had on the Farallon. I really liked that style. Then sometime this coming winter or spring i will have the bimini made and that's about it. Gee i will not have anything to do? Hummmm Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

How sweet it is! One of those doors would sure look nice on our boat.
    Rosario has her new transom. Today I'll clean up the dust we made and then start hooking everything up again. Yahoo! Boating yet before the docks get pulled out.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry, Nice to see you will have everything done and will still get sometime out on the water. When do they take the dock away. Chuck

Comment

Yeah, it's nice to see you've both got a handle on things ...

Comment

Chuck,

I have a project for you if you run out of things to do. A nice little boat, trailer and outboard combination, that needs every thing from the ground up. I even have controls and a fuel tank. It's not either of the ones pictured. Special price for you only $500.
          Attached Files
          Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
          Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sammamish1, post: 18939
            Chuck,

I have a project for you if you run out of things to do. A nice little boat, trailer and outboard combination, that needs every thing from the ground up. I even have controls and a fuel tank. It's not either of the ones pictured. Special price for you only $500.
            Jack, I have to ask ... in the second photo, why is your boat drifting in the lake with no one in it?

Comment

I had to get out to take the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammamish1, post: 18943
                I had to get out to take the picture.
                Oh, okay. Now it makes sense.

Comment

Docks pulled out the first week of October if they get calm water on a high tide. Since our ferry shuts down for annual maintenance right after Labor Day until Oct. 1, we should have a fair amount of time for cruising. When I get the boat cleaned up, I'll post final pics of the new transom. Think I could hang one of those 200 hp. 4 stroke Hondas on that transom and the only danger would be the bow would point to heaven and the motor would take the stern the other direction. Chris did one terrific job. Becky is baking him an apple pie right now. Seems like fair payment for about three weeks work from sun up to sun down. Her pies are to die for!

Comment

Gee, it seems like they should wait a little longer to take the dock away as that's sometime the best time to go boating. Chuck

Comment

Chuck,

Jack, After i get the door and bimini done i will be all done with boats. But thanks anyway. Chuck

Comment

Chuck,

You are a confirmed boat addict. You'll be okay for a while after this one is done, and then the urges will start again and you will succumb to your habit.

The only cure is to start attending the weekly meeting of "NO MORE BOATS" again. They're still holding those meetings aren't they?

There is no cure buddy, you just have to stay with the recovery program.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 18953
                          Chuck,

Jack, After i get the door and bimini done i will be all done with boats. But thanks anyway. Chuck
                          Chuck,

We all know when you're about to get another boat ...

it's just after you say you're not getting another boat! :BigHappy1:

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 18973
                            Chuck,

We all know when you're about to get another boat ...

it's just after you say you're not getting another boat! :BigHappy1:
                            Tim,Tim,Tim, I must tell you i do have another boat in the back of the shelter , but i'am storing it for this guy along with his REAL nice 1983 70 hp Evinrude with trim / tilt that he has to go pick up soon. I might even let him put it just maybe in my garage for the winter so he can have somewhere to work on it. For me, "the party is over" as i really don't think i would be interested in doing another as i have already " been there done that" quite a few times. Don't U Know ! Chuck

Jack, I don't have a problem. I'am cured. LOL ! !
                            Attached Files

Comment

Chuck, let me know if the owner forgets to pick up his 70 'rude with tilt and trim, and you decide to sell it for the amount due on storage. I could use a tilt and trim on the newly transommed Rosario. Or a Honda 50 if you have a good one in the back of you shop that you might have forgotten about!

Comment

Working...
                              X