Close Encounters Ecotours up and Running

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Encounters Ecotours up and Running

Carried my first paying passengers Saturday, Sept 3rd. Mike and Heather from St. Louis, Mo. Late in the season to be starting up, but you have to start sometime.

Finished off the day today transporting five kayakers from Friday Harbor to Fisherman's Bay, Lopez. Before I could get them unloaded, was descended upon by about eight guys about my age......came over to check out the boat. Wow, so many compliments on the boat. As i motored out of the bay, boats honking and people yelling "yeah, Skagit, and thumbs-up!

14 passengers today. WOW, the Saratogan is really popular. All I need now is to carry about 170 more passengers and I can cover all my 2011 expenses............ha!

I love it when a plan comes together....:HandHorn1:

McSkagit
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Great! Just 170 more passengers this year. Let's see, 4 months? That's less than 2 people per day seven days a week! Glad to hear you are in business!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Congratulations Tim. I'll bet all that honking and yelling put big smile on your face. You definitely set the bar at the top restoring the Saratogan. Enjoy.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Congrats,Tim!

Last week, NBC Today show had a segment on relationships, and in the previews, it looked like a Wash State Ferry in background, so I hung on to watch, as it looked to be in Friday Harbor. Sure enough, most of the way through the piece, in the background, was a certain turquoise and white cruiser (definitely not a Tolly, etc).
        No one else viewing the show had any idea of the background boat, but wished Tim could have seen it.....he would have been working instead of watching tv...
        Great to hear there are folks out there recognizing it in your travels, Tim !!
        bruceb

Comment

Working...
        X