One More Time !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One More Time !

I don't know how this keeps happening ,but i have another ( 1957 Skagit 17' Express ) project for the next two or three years. This is just to keep me busy. As long as my health holds up i really don't see myself retiring anytime soon from my real job or this hobby. I have about 3 color combo's i was thinking about along with the grey accent stripe around the tinted cabin windows or one combo that would be all one color from the cabin roof to the black rubbrail and with a white hull and the dovetail stripe in the cabin roof color. I have plenty of time to think about that. I did pick up a 1983 70hp Evinrude trim/tilt for it. Will work on it up until November and then start up again next spring. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

See! SEE!

I told you I could tell when you were getting another boat, it's when you say NO MORE BOATS!

No more boats my eye! :nono1:

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 19183
      I told you I could tell when you were getting another boat, it's when you say NO MORE BOATS!

No more boats my eye! :nono1:
      I must confess ,Sheila told me to go find another boat or else !!! She does not want me sitting around the house. Here's a few more pictures. Should have her stripped down soon. Behind the fence the trailer goes.Chuck
      Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful! Just when was it you said NO MORE BOATS? Are you sure you want to put that 70 hp motor on it? Seems a bit much for such a small boat. If the motor is really good, I could trade you a very nice 50 Evinrude without all that weight of a trim/tilt.
        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 19185
          Beautiful! Just when was it you said NO MORE BOATS? Are you sure you want to put that 70 hp motor on it? Seems a bit much for such a small boat. If the motor is really good, I could trade you a very nice 50 Evinrude without all that weight of a trim/tilt.

Jerry, About 14 boats since 2003. 5 more before that. If i counted right , this will be Skagit #11. No more after this 17'. I will just go and enjoy both of them. I know what you mean about pulling the motor up by hand. Maybe you could get a new or used CMC unit. Clint seems to know about them. Maybe e-Bay. Best,Chuck

Comment

Jerry, if you want a tilt/trim, I might be able to help you out. I have a 1986 Johnson 50 with factory tilt/trim. I would rather pull the motor up by hand, but if I remove it, there's nothing to keep the motor from kicking up in reverse. Want to trade parts? You would want to paint it and the trim ram might need to be replaced.

Comment

I'm very interested. Would you email me with more info like price? What is involved in making the switch? Any idea what it would cost to replace the trim ram? Why would you prefer to pull the motor up by hand?
              Lootas1@gmail.com
              There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
              X