Rosario took us shopping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosario took us shopping

Perfect day on Bellingham Bay. Launched Rosario around noon and ran across from Lummi Island to Fairhaven. Docked at Port of B'ham dock and walked up to town (a few short blocks). Becky hit the boutiques and I hit the gelato store and we stopped at Rustic Coffee for a delicious latte (first since the day the ferry went out (Tuesday after Labor Day). Up to a grocery to pick up a few bits of produce and a good run home. Moved the squeeze bulbs from the motor end to the tanks and they pumped up hard and motor started right up. Gee, now that summer is over, everything seems to be working great. Our dock gets pulled Oct. 3! Sob!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

I'm jealous Jerry, I can just picture your day and it makes me long for retirement. At one time Cindy and I planned to move to Bellingham, we love the area and of course she liked hanging out in Fairhaven. Have you ever been to the radio museum downtown? I'm due for another trip there pretty soon but the missus for some reason isn't excited about spending a few hours there. Just can't figure her out.

Comment

Never have. Oldest son's wife was a big fan of that place. Don't know why we've never been there. Oh, yah, I'm thinking Becky wouldn't get that excited about it.
      Yes, today was a pretty much perfect day. Retirement isn't all that hard to take except it doesn't seem to pay as well as working. Work? or Retirement? Let's see. I think I'll stay with retirement!
      Water was flat going over and we traveled across the bay in 20 minutes. Came home a bit slower as wind picked up to around 10-12 mph and we dropped her back to 16 mph and only got one good shot of spray over the side.

Comment

Yea, It was nice down here today. Chuck
        Attached Files
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Retirement

Jerry I am jealous, but I am trying to catch up. We meet with the Financial planner next week to seem if we are there yet. My wife retired unexpectedly this year and confused our plans, but I think we are very close. I am already collecting one pension and the Soc Sec kicks in in January.
          Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
          Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Good idea to check. Our financial planner said, with a fair amount of certainty, if we were to reduce our spending and I were to live 8 more years (the number I gave him. I'm thinking maybe I'll make it through today at least), and Becky sells our house in 20 years, she will be able to eat regularly until age 97. We figure that is plenty good enough for us. Only, I sold the truck, fifth wheel trailer and car to buy a six year old truck so, instead of saving, in 2011 we spent a bit more. Oh, well, if I could only catch a salmon or crab or even find a clam that didn't poison us and the blackberries would ripen all year long and we didn't heat our house this winter...

Comment

Boy I hope we have food in our budget, I think I better check. Maybe I'll have to work a little longer. opcorn1:
              Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
              Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

I won't need to build food expenses into our retirement budget, I'm going to have to work so long that in the time between working and dying I can live off the weight I still need to lose ...

Comment

Sad news Tim. When you are retired, you have more time to think about food. And, when you have time to think about it, you have more time to eat it. Better think about that new, bigger wardrobe before you retire!

Comment

Working...
                  X