Today's insanity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's insanity

I need everyone to write in and get me banned from Craigslist please.

1960 Bell Boy with title. Used as a dive boat so has several "custom" features. 40hp Lark with belt driven generator and electric shift. Shaft length measures 23". Three inches too long for boat. Turns over ok with pull start. Has a new floor that seems to be fairly well done. Certainly used expensive fiberglass materials. Trailer needs a little derusting in spots but a little paint and it should have a lot of life left in it. Towed ok.

Also today got two Bearcats that could be parts or fixers. The cowls are real rough but fixable and both turn over. Several spare props and one bottom end. Can't have too many spare parts!

Didn't have time to go back for the Sabrecraft today. Mainly interested in the 1250 Merc on it. Turns over but the bottom end is locked up. The bottom end has been unbolted to allow turning the motor over. That would be fun on almost anything if it can be made to run.

I'm only doing this to keep you entertained.
    Attached Files

Well it's working so don't stop now!!!.......................I believe they call that " enabling"

Comment

Originally posted by Bis, post: 1606
      Well it's working so don't stop now!!!.......................I believe they call that " enabling"
      Learn that from BillR?

Comment

Berry you can take my place. Last week i started back to the NMB ! meetings on Monday nights. Same old crappy meetings. They still show the slides with the wife with " that Look " Everyone ask me to say hi to you...they miss you. Wait till they hear you got another boat ! You just might get some not so very nice phone calls ! Btw i like that nav light. Best, Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 1608
          Berry you can take my place. Last week i started back to the NMB ! meeting on Monday nights. Same old crappy meetings. They still show the wife with " that Look " Everyone ask me to say hi to you...they miss you. Wait till they hear you got another boat ! You just might get some not so very nice phone call ! Btw i like that nav light. Best, Chuck
          I'm kinda into the raised tail lights. LOL You had them so busy at the meeting lately I didn't think I'd be missed.

Comment

What's this "NMB" stuff???

I've limited myself to one runner and eight "projects" at the moment. It's gotten to where if I call up what few friends I have left, the first thing out of their mouths is: "Good Lord! You didn't get ANOTHER boat, did you?" Some just yell "NO" and hang up before I can get a word out! I'm getting a reputation, I am...

The Cap'n

Pictures of my running (fishing) boat & the 1st 4 projects below
            Attached Files
            "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

The rest of the fleet...

Originally posted by Captain Jack, post: 1614
              Pictures of my running (fishing) boat & the 1st 4 projects below
              ...and here's "the rest of the fleet"...

The Cap'n
              Attached Files

Pat Drewery

Comment

AAAHHHHHHH................! Now I feel better. Chuck. I think we should get Captain Jack as guest speaker at the next meeting.

Well, now I really need to make something run. Guess it's time to fill the barrel and see what happens. Good thing I have a forklift. Darn Bearcat's are heavy. Think I'll just use the other 404 to hang them on for testing with the barrel. Makes a real solid stand.

Comment

Correction: NINE projects, one runner.

I've limited myself to one runner and eight "projects" at the moment.
                  Correction: NINE project boats. Just bought an old drift boat off CL that needs a LOT of TLC...

Basically, I have a decent set of ribs here that needs a new skin on it. (see pics). It was cheap; and I needed a drift boat.

It's gotten to where if I call up what few friends I have left, the first thing out of their mouths is: "Good Lord! You didn't get ANOTHER boat, did you?" Some just yell "NO" and hang up before I can get a word out! I'm getting a reputation, I am...
                  I think I'll just change my phone number and have done with it.

The Cap'n

...it followed me home...
                  Attached Files

Pat Drewery

Comment

This scares me, I thought you got this addiction only with old cars. (I have three, 1 runs, but all three are considered projects). now i have to worry about bringing boats home.

good thing you guys are buying them all up before I even read the advertisement. keep up the good work

Comment

Now that you mention it...

Originally posted by Boones, post: 1726
                      This scares me, I thought you got this addiction only with old cars. (I have three, 1 runs, but all three are considered projects). now i have to worry about bringing boats home.

good thing you guys are buying them all up before I even read the advertisement. keep up the good work
                      Oh. You mean my OTHER projects?:eek:

1977 Honda CB750F Super Sport
                      1977 Chevy K20 4x4 P/U
                      1969 Chevy C20 P/U
                      1969 GMC 8000 flatbed
                      1967 Chevy Corvair Monza coupe
                      1965 Chevy Corvair Monza coupe
                      1964 Chevy Corvair 95 Van

...and one beat-up Craftsman riding mower...

In storage are 6 Merc inlines, at the shop are 4 (5?) Bearcat 55's, two Merc 650-4's, the Chevy V-8 350 for the '69 C20, a Mercruiser 302/188Hp for the Dorsett, there's a Merc 200 (20Hp), a Merc 110 (9.8Hp), a '58 Merc 58a and the 110Hp flat six out of my '67 Vair in the "family room" at the other end of the house here, another Merc 1000 inline six in the carport, and a last '59 Merc 58a-E in the living room.

...but I still don't think I have a problem...

The Cap'n

(who's been writing a presentation on OCD in between meetings of the Procrastinator's club)

Pat Drewery

Comment

Working...
                      X