Suggestion for Classifieds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for Classifieds

Suggestion for Classifieds & Classic Boat Sightings…

Post a photo of the boat when you post a classified. It only takes the extra step of downloading a photo from the add, then posting the add and uploading the photo. Then when the ad goes down, the photo is still there. One thing I like doing with the classifieds is to look at all the old boats in the various states as they are found, it also contributes to my general old-boat knowledge, and one can only do that if we post the photos as well. But often they are just links to the adds and they go dead, sometimes within hours of posting. Could we consider making ‘post a photo of the boat’ part of the ‘sticky’ directions? Thanks.
    :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
    (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
    1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Sean,

When the ad (craigslist or other) that a "sightings" post links to expires or is removed by the seller, the sightings post is deleted, so having a photo in it after that is a moot point. The intent of the classified ad forum is for an individual to directly advertise the item or items to our readers and these ads are removed (when I'm not slacking off) when the item is sold or when the ad expires 60 days after the last activity in the thread. In either of these forums, a post that has received responses that offer good information are saved for posterity.

It's not really practical for us to keep all the old ads and sightings posts up forever. Also, if we "require" that a person posting a sighting also download the original ad photo and upload it to our site, that will only serve to limit these posts as many of our users have what you might call a slightly uneasy relationship with their computers.

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

Working...
    X