can you use date correct license plates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you use date correct license plates

I run date correct vintage plates (same yr as the car) on my old cars, does anyone know if the same can be done for the trailer. The big portland swapmmeet is coming up in two weeks and thought I would look for a date correct plate if it could be done

Hi and welcome to the group Ken,

The last time I looked into it they said no. It's been some time since however.We drag a '55 teardrop behind our '34 Ply that has vintage correct plates and wanted the same for the trailer. Very sweet looking boat btw.

Melanie
    Attached Files
    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Melanie. That is a really righteous rig you have there. Was the photo on the left taken at the Lemay open house and if so when? The teardrops are one of our favorite parts of the show. Maybe we'll see you there this year.

Mike,
      1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

I know you did not ask for this idea. Just another one. I have this on my 2003( new at the time ) King trailer. $60.00 per year And on my Dorsett Farallon trailer. Chuck
        Attached Files
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

a custom plate is on option. i think I will stop by the local DMV that did my old cars and see what they say. if you can do a car then I do not know why not a trailer. or if you can do a custom plate on a trailer (like on a car) then you would think it might be possible. Did not want to go spend money on a vintage plate to only find out it is not possible. (did that once when I moved to SC)

Comment

How about placing a vintage correct plate on the other side.I understand the beauty of having a registered lic,never having to pay yearly tabs.

Comment

Thanks Mike, never been to the Lemay event. Ski 2 Sea show and Apple Run in Cashmere, respectively. We no longer do the shows and rod runs. We did that for 25+ yrs. from May to Oct every weekend,it was like having another job but still a lot more fun. Car and trailer have been coast to coast 3X and border to border 7 or 8X,I forget. We don't do trailer queens and it won't be any different with boats.

Comment

Working...
              X