Reinell Jetabout Info. Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinell Jetabout Info. Needed

I'm new to the site, from Weatherford,Tx. Bought this last week and would like to find out year model and see some interior pictures, also would like to look at pics. of other Reinell boats. Would like to keep it period correct.
    Thanks for the great site and all the good info.
    Milton
    Attached Files

Milton,

I believe you Reinell is a '58 - but I'm not sure. I think the 59 had molded-in seats that were part of the deck. If you go to www.fiberglassics.com there is a section of the website with information on your boat. I believe there are some brochure pictures in "Glassic Library" under Reinell. I believe this model was discontinued for the 1960 model year, but not sure on that either. I have found very little information on Reinell from the late 50s to the early 60s. This isn't uncommon, as it seems most boat builders from the time tossed or burned all of the records. I have a rare advertising postcard for the Jetabout that I found some years back - I'll post it if I can get the picture I took of it. Also, there is a nice article covering the history of the company on this website - it was written by Marty Loken

Below is a pic of my '60 Jetflite - it's torn apart at this time - waiting to h\get a new floor & transom.

Bruce Gerard
    Attached Files

Comment

Milton, like your pics of your Reinell. I just bought the same thing last Sunday and it has a late model Merc. Its a 25 hp engine. If you could give any other info about your boat, that would be great. John.

Comment

Working...
      X