Ingvar Thank You ! !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingvar Thank You ! !

Gee with 24 hours after i talked to Ingvar,guess who drove into my driveway with the Dorsett Catalina in tow from Sacramento California. The boat is everything i was expecting it to be. Can't seem to get away from blue. Hummm. Now to put it away for another day. Best,Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Nice Catalina Chuck but, after studying Pic. 3, aren't you going to have to lose some weight before you can get into the cabin? (insert some funny icons here).
    Okay, I know when it gets a C Carey restoration it is going to be beautiful!
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

nobody do the voodoo like you do

Another beauty waiting for you to work your magic, Chuck.

Not sure if Gemmel and Ingvar are heroes or enablers, but they definitely have amassed some classic boat karma.

G

Comment

Barn Door

I was going to say it looked like the"barn door" When you re-do the hatch you will have to up grade the hatch to the newer style with the fold down table and throw everybody off when they try to guess the year !!

Nice looking boat - I think you win the prize for the first new boat of 2012 ? :Shocked:
        Attached Files
        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Yea, I was looking at that bad looking design on the "barn door".Where does your co-pilot sit ? In the splashwell ? That's one thing i really liked on the Dorsett's is the split door/table. Plus it has that "hinged" windshield system. When Ingvar called me and told me he was in the driveway i went out and was surprised that it looked a little bit smaller than what i thought it would. Maybe i have gotten use to the Skagit 20. It also reminds me of the Farallon style but a whole lot smaller ....meaning less $$$$...i hope.That trailer is not bad at all ! Needs tires ,new set of wheels would make it look spiffy,painting and wiring,winch, bearings,etc and how much am i going to really use the boat. Cheaper than a new trailer. Need to rise the bunks up as the hull looks like it been rubbing between the fenders. I do like the boat being lower down however. I think i will use this trailer on the Saratoga ( that way i don't have to rush the Tee Nee trailer job) at least till i get this one done.Compare to the Farallon you could whip this baby out on a weekend !!! Lol Chuck

Comment

Sweet little boat Chuck. I like the hot tub in the back.
            Steve Kiesel
            1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Steve , Yea it would make a great hot tub. When i asked Sheila what she thought of it ,she said it looks like the "other" one in the garage. The "other " one ? This one has a cabin on it. Her answer was they are both blue boats. Told her not for long as far as the Saratoga in the garage goes. I might paint it purple with a accent stripe in pink. Women ! Chuck

Comment

Working...
              X