Super Nice Boats !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Nice Boats !

Sheila and i stopped by lake Stevens this early afternoon to see if we could see Greg Lamb out in his Glastron Custom. Besides GregL we also saw BruceB with his 14' restored Skagit just after they had taken them out of the water. Did not have a chance to talk to GregJ as he was heading home. What a nice day it must have been on the water. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

vertigo

I had a great time horsing around with GregJ and Bruce. We had the lake all to ourselves, with awesome weather. Bruce and his son have done a first class job restoring their Skagit Sportster with all sorts of skookum details. All of us agreed that impromptu events are a great way to force us to make some time to have fun and get these beauties some water time.

Here is a quick video: filmed by our fearless leader in the co-pilot seat facing rearward. Screwy1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqEtAjIoePo"]1961 Glastron Firetlite Jet - VERTIGO! - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and click a few pictures, Chuck.

Comment

If you are ever offered a ride in Gregs hot little Gastron I would highly recommend it. Pure fun. I really did almost loose my lunch on that spin but it was great fun. Maybe I can get my Skagit to do that. I'll try it when nobody is looking. Do you think it might hook? Thanks for the great time Greg.
      Greg James

Comment

Good job GregL. GregJ is a crazy man on the water. So to scare him, it must have been a white knuckle ride. Nice job on the boat too.

Did you get steering problems dialed in yet?
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Sweet Ride Greg !

Boy Thats a nice looking ride Greg ! I should have come down to see it in person ! Those Jet motors are capable of some amazing things. I remember as a kid going down to Bellingham bay and watching them test the Viet Nam river patrol jet boats. They would go full speed and turn on a dime and give 3cents change then when they were going full speed they could reverse the jets and go from forward to reverse in seconds . Your boat looks like something from the starship enterprise ! Like the looks and the job you did on it . Put me on the reservation list for a ride some day . :TakePicture1:
          Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Wow. Fast 180 like that and not a drop in the boat over the transom....
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 20709
              Good job GregL. GregJ is a crazy man on the water. So to scare him, it must have been a white knuckle ride. Nice job on the boat too.

Did you get steering problems dialed in yet?
              Hey Steve, we miss you up here. In Skipper James defense, he was filming with the front seat facing backwards - knowing that a hard whip could induce unknown cleanup consequences, we were at half throttle and spun gently while running in Bruce's waves.:shocked4:

Originally, I had fabricated a one-turn steering system using standard parts and a bellcrank for ratio. With every connection a bit of slop was introduced, producing an unpredictable 7 degree variability at the nozzle. After using in that form all summer, a tighter 1/3rd turn lock to lock set-up was installed in October. The new system performed flawlessly, with a wheel movement of 4" producing the 180 in the video. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve to improve low speed tracking and no wake zone maneuverability.
              photo thanks to BruceB!

Thanks Rick, you have a reserved seat anytime. I would recommend a jet for instant turns and prop-free safety, but it does take some getting used to.

Greg

Comment

Gee, thanks for the nice comment Greg. I miss those impromptu outings to Lake Stevens. Met out there several times with Yardman (Ross) and others, always a fun time for sure.

I'm retiring for sure at the end of April. I'm thinking about joining the group on the Lake Roosevelt outing if I can swing it. Always wanted to boat there. Plus our son in law in stationed in Spokane. So we could kill two birds on one trip.

You have a great summer with the new toy.
                Steve Kiesel
                1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Working...
                X