1965 Glastron gulfcrusier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 Glastron gulfcrusier

I have just picked up a 1965 195 glastron gulfcrusier, It has been in dry storage since 1983. It is in emmaculate condition, everything works down to the bilge pump and the twin spotlights. put a battery in it, and the flat head chevy fired up and pumped water (mercursier #1). Everything is orginal., this is my best find ever. does anyone have interest in these boats or general info. I can not find a single one up and running or for sale on the net.

Flat head Chevy ? ? ?

Originally posted by yearley, post: 21494
    I have just picked up a 1965 195 glastron gulfcrusier, It has been in dry storage since 1983. It is in emmaculate condition, everything works down to the bilge pump and the twin spotlights. put a battery in it, and the flat head chevy fired up and pumped water (mercursier #1). Everything is orginal., this is my best find ever. does anyone have interest in these boats or general info. I can not find a single one up and running or for sale on the net.
    Chevy hasn't made a flat head engine FOREVER.

Got pictures ?

Comment

Sweet find. Found this on the Classic Glastron site.

http://www.classicglastron.com/65gl-v191-195-web.html
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

thanks for the help, i will get photos posted. you right on the "flathead", I should have put inline 6, it has twin carbs, 150 hp? this will be my first I/O, so this is going to be a new learning experience. I understand there is not really a pre-alpha 1 drive system so i am wondering about parts, ie impeller housing kits, and wondering about what I should replace before floating her. I am parnoid about a boat with a massive hole in the stern, and water getting in from something I have should replaced.

Comment

pictures

[ATTACH]12365.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12366.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12367.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12368.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12369.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12370.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12371.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12372.vB[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files

Comment

motor

motor picture was out of focus, but it is as clean as the rest of the boat. she is going to named 777, I hit the jackpot on this one.

Comment

is this the one for sale on Fiberglassics??
              Joel and Judy, Clovis CA

1960 Wizard Baronet/ 75HP Mercury 4 stroke

1980 Glastron Carlson Scimitar

Comment

I am sure you can find parts...I even found parts for my early Early Volvo Penta outdrive.

If you get some pictures of the outdrive might be able to help more.

I would look for the water pickup.
                Lot of folks like to run a hose to those but me, I would rather find out if she will pickup the water out of a bin or whatever you can stick under to fill up past the water intake level. Then put the hose in the bin.
                That way, you will know if she is pumping like she should and cooling the engine.

:TwoCents1:
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                X