Roll Call for Oregon Members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Call for Oregon Members

So, I am thinking we need some Local events in the Oregon area.

Who do we have that might be interested ??

Maybe a Multnomah Channel cruise or a lake maybe ??

Up the Willamette past Portland to the Oregon City Falls ??

No reason why we can't start planing on some events...:Skipper1:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

I would be interested Joe. I'm over in Central Oregon, but have always wanted to cruise the Willamete. Have fished in the hog line below the Oregon City Falls. That was back in the sixties. Portland is my home town, would be fun to see the city from the river.

Let me know what you come up with. If I can make it, I will be there.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Joe, I'am a little confuse. Have you moved to Oregon as your address shows? I think a while back that you mention you where going to be doing some boat shop work with your son down there \.I think i recall that on a posting to BruceD ? Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Always Ready

Anytime we can get out on the water is great. The river is good and the Columbia is unpredictable. Sand Island was our first event. Unfortunately lakes are hard to come by in this state. Detroit lake is nice, but the wind comes up very strong. Any other ideas.

We would like to live in WA.

Tom n Robyn

Comment

Well, we just need some ideas on places to try out.
          I know Prineville is a large body of water, lots of reservoir's all over the place.
          Fern Ridge just by Eugene.

I agree most large bodies of water can blow up fast.

I am open for more ideas on places that maybe one of you have tired or liked.

It sure does not need to be a large body of water for an event.
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 21505
            Joe, I'am a little confuse. Have you moved to Oregon as your address shows? I think a while back that you mention you where going to be doing some boat shop work with your son down there \.I think i recall that on a posting to BruceD ? Chuck
            Hey Chuck.
            Going to set up a shop in Sandy and teach the boat restoration trade to my kids I grew up in Portland and lived in Sandy for 36 years.
            Moms aging and all my family is here so I plan on being in both places.
            Also have a job restoring a Cushman Truckster.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 21504
              I would be interested Joe. I'm over in Central Oregon, but have always wanted to cruise the Willamete. Have fished in the hog line below the Oregon City Falls. That was back in the sixties. Portland is my home town, would be fun to see the city from the river.

Let me know what you come up with. If I can make it, I will be there.
              I think once we hear from a few more folks, we just might plan up something.
              I grew up in SE Portland from 155th out to 162nd just off Stark street.
              Grad-gee-ated from Centennial High.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Oregon roll call

Joe
                Almost anywhere would be ok since I have the Bell Boy 21 in Scappoose for now.
                Exploring new places is more interesting to me than another trip up the Willamette since I have been up to the falls probably eight times (it is a great trip for people who are new to the area. I could take along two other friends who have not made the trip however).
                Bruce H. Drake
                1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
                1957 Norseman 19' woodie
                1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
                1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

roll call for Oregon

Nice day trips on the willamette (Power boats)

Above the falls put in at Willamette Park. Run up about 25 miles to the I5 bridge (Boone Bridge) at wilsonville and back. Nice water, great views of cool houses and such.River mile 28 to river mile 39

Put in at Wilsonville above the I5 bridge (Boone Bridge) river mile 39 and up to (River mile 50) Newberg . YOu can go maybe 5 miles further up to the mourth of the Yamhill River. After that you have shallow water, narrow channels and rocky gravel bars. Neither of these trips have restaurants on the water but have several parks and docks.

the area between Oregon city falls and newberg is pretty busy and choppy on nice weekend late spring and summer afternoons. (board boats abound) Like Mason Lake in the afternoon.

I like to put in at Clackamas river(RM 25) and tour down to Portland (RM 10) and back .

Multnomah Channel is about 20 mile long. It has several transient boat docks and at the 10 mile point an onthe water restraunt (Mark's). Good ramps at Scappoose Bay (Port of Saint Helens) and at Fred's (upperend of the Channell. A nice side trip is up the Gilbert River to Sturgeon Lake. about 2.5 miles each way .

Best way to check out these trips is to visit most any Marina and pickup the "Willamett River Recreation Guide" pub by the Oregon state Marine board. You can find it online at the boatoregon.com web site

http://www.boatoregon.com/OSMB/libra...erGuidePDF.pdf

Let me know and let us do it!!!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey all,

I'll be up for one later in the season. Working on adding some displacement right now. We haven't been on the Willamette yet, mostly the Columbia and North Fork lake.

Yeah, the Columbia can be pretty tricky sometimes. Last trip of the summer was one of those times. When we got up the next morning the river wasn't where we left it. It was a great trip though. The last picture was the smoke coming from the forest fire on the mainland. The rest is Reed Island.

Sure, I'm up for a cruise.
                    Attached Files
                    '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

Originally posted by BruceDrake, post: 21530
                      Joe
                      Almost anywhere would be ok since I have the Bell Boy 21 in Scappoose for now.
                      Exploring new places is more interesting to me than another trip up the Willamette since I have been up to the falls probably eight times (it is a great trip for people who are new to the area. I could take along two other friends who have not made the trip however).
                      That's a good place for her at the moment as how about a Multnomah channel tour. I have never been on that and have always wanted too.
                      Ever make that trip??
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by hhaynes, post: 21531
                        Nice day trips on the willamette (Power boats)

Above the falls put in at Willamette Park. Run up about 25 miles to the I5 bridge (Boone Bridge) at wilsonville and back. Nice water, great views of cool houses and such.River mile 28 to river mile 39

Put in at Wilsonville above the I5 bridge (Boone Bridge) river mile 39 and up to (River mile 50) Newberg . YOu can go maybe 5 miles further up to the mourth of the Yamhill River. After that you have shallow water, narrow channels and rocky gravel bars. Neither of these trips have restaurants on the water but have several parks and docks.

the area between Oregon city falls and newberg is pretty busy and choppy on nice weekend late spring and summer afternoons. (board boats abound) Like Mason Lake in the afternoon.

I like to put in at Clackamas river(RM 25) and tour down to Portland (RM 10) and back .

Multnomah Channel is about 20 mile long. It has several transient boat docks and at the 10 mile point an onthe water restraunt (Mark's). Good ramps at Scappoose Bay (Port of Saint Helens) and at Fred's (upperend of the Channell. A nice side trip is up the Gilbert River to Sturgeon Lake. about 2.5 miles each way .

Best way to check out these trips is to visit most any Marina and pickup the "Willamett River Recreation Guide" pub by the Oregon state Marine board. You can find it online at the boatoregon.com web site

http://www.boatoregon.com/OSMB/libra...erGuidePDF.pdf

Let me know and let us do it!!!!!
                        This is sounding pretty good to me....
                        We might just have to get an exploratory event going too..
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, post: 21534
                          Hey all,

I'll be up for one later in the season. Working on adding some displacement right now. We haven't been on the Willamette yet, mostly the Columbia and North Fork lake.

Yeah, the Columbia can be pretty tricky sometimes. Last trip of the summer was one of those times. When we got up the next morning the river wasn't where we left it. It was a great trip though. The last picture was the smoke coming from the forest fire on the mainland. The rest is Reed Island.

Sure, I'm up for a cruise.
                          Boy, that looked pretty high and dry

I am thinking that we will have some of these events down here as totally open to whoever whats to go on them.

This or these will Not be Official NWCBC events at this time. Got to work out the insurance stuff.
                          These will be just be a bunch us guys getting together with our boats exploring the waters.
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Willamette River

Count Us in. A friend of mine said that while in the Coast Guard it was considered a navagable water way all the way to Salem. When the kids were young we went Skiing on the river putting in at Albany.

Hre's a link I found about the river. http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/library/d...dePDF.pdf?ga=t

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by 56glasspar, post: 21538
                              Count Us in. A friend of mine said that while in the Coast Guard it was considered a navagable water way all the way to Salem. When the kids were young we went Skiing on the river putting in at Albany.

Hre's a link I found about the river. http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/library/d...dePDF.pdf?ga=t

Tom
                              I will go check that link out too.
                              I think we are going to be able to do several events in our area.

I am really looking forward to this myself
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                              X