She Passed !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Passed !

Well i knew she would. I had the Coast Guard Auxiliary "Vessel Examiner" make a house call today. Each year i try to have it done so my chances go up that i will not be stop for inspection. When they see the decal they usually just wave. But once in a while they will still stop you. If you want your boat inspected, call your local West Marine store and they will have a list of examiners that will come to your house. The inspection does make a person aware of the equipment that is required and or any new requirements. Last year on our Lake Union outing they were using us as a "OJT" for a new inspection CG person.
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Chuck, I think I feel sorry for the trainee who was on your boat. The rest of his career he'll be looking for a boat as squared away as yours and he just ain't gonna find one.

Comment

Trainee inspector

He is still trying to find the Federal Spec's on Boat socks and if you really have to have a 12 volt Dustbuster on board ! :Skipper1:
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Rick, The Vessel Examiner told me it was illegal to have the "Socks" covers over my ice boxes. Ask him why,he said if a person need to get a life vest they might not know were to look and besides he said i would need the boxes for fish ! I told him i don't fish. The other ice box hold oil, buddy anchor, tools,etc. I told him the only time they are in the ice box is when the boat is home or when we are off the boat on shore and besides there are only two vests in there for myself and my son or Sheila. When on board we always have them on and anybody else we point out the storage bag in the cabin with 5 other vest. Sometimes i think they start to make up their own little rules. Chuck
        Attached Files

Comment

Got mine done yesterday

Got my Red sticker on Monday - Said I was overkill and Thats the way they like to see it. Only picky thing he said they are suggesting is to hang your fire extinguishers horizontal instead of vertical so the powder won't compact in the cylinder. Makes sense. He liked my survival kit I carry on board with the fire starters, candles, Freeze dried food , energy bars Etc. in case I end up beached on Gilligan's Island . Think I have the Dorsett ready to go 24 Gallons of fresh gas , Oil changed , put new fuel lines on , batteries are charged - we plan to do an overnight on Blake Island June 9th , I'll meet you in Everett :Skipper1:
          Attached Files
          Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Rick, Stricker looks great. Here they go again with their little extra funny rules on how things should be to them. Wait till the CG guy see's the fire extinguishers on there side ? Mind you it is not a bad idea. I just shake them up once in a while. Did you show him your "engine room" ? He must have ben impress by that. Trying to talk Sheila into going to Blake Island , but anytime she EVER goes out in the sound things never go right....like real rough or when we had to be towed back with the Farallon the one and only time she went out back in 2009. If she does not go with me , i still will be seeing you in Everett. Btw i just found this "Port A Wattz 300 among my boat stuff. Have to put that on the boat for the 12 volt Dustbuster.Look at that, socks from the past ( i think they where on my Stiletto ) that i can store the power unit in the cabin bulkhead wall that has snaps. Chuck
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X