A few upgrades ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few upgrades ....

Being the next outing is not till June, i thought this would be the time to do a few upgrades to my Skagit 20 "Bainbridge ". So i'am adding a 3rd gas tank ( 12 gal ) on the portside bulkhead ( that will bring the total to 52 gal for long distance trips...San Juans ? ) with it's sock cover. Above that will be a old Skagit "water tank" unit mounted on the wall but i'am converting it to a glove box with ruging inside and a nice piece of varnish wood to match the steering unit but will have a door.The bench seat in the stern will have a door and a few other things.Then a little work in the cabin. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Bainbridge is looking great Chuck. The wood glove box, sock box in your case, will balance things out nicely. Been thinking about doing something similar to the Seafair. Someday maybe.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Looking just great Chuck! Another day of disaster (but fun) on the water for us today. Went out on a marker boat for the schooner races in B'ham Bay. On a 1929 65 foot boat that was restored after many years pulling fishing boats out to fishing water at Bristol Bay, AK. When the skipper went to anchor, a shaft that needed to be turned, snapped so we couldn't get the anchor down. Then one of the cylinders on the 83 year old diesel engine had either a cracked head or a blown head gasket. Before we blew up on the lee shore, he called a water taxi to take us off and put his inflatable with a 40 Suzuki in the water to push his big boat to Bellingham. I had to confess that I was the Jonah on board but they didn't toss me to the huge fish that was lurking to swallow me. Sailboat racing is such fun!
      Attached Files
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Looking good Chuck :GoTeam1:
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thanks, I put also one of those LED battery lights units ( those are great inside the cabin without any wiring to do and you can screw it to the wall or Velcro it ) inside the carpeted glove box. Next will be the beverage holder / field glasses holder on top of the box that i had mounted on the wall from before. Chuck
          Attached Files

Comment

Looking good! I bet if I look up " ship shape" In my funk and Wagner I might see a pic of your boat! Keep up the nice work - Ross
            Ross Henson

Comment

Jerry, Glad you and your friends made it back ok.

Thanks Ross. Are you going to Blake Island on June 9th ? I will be going out of Everett.

Comment

Working...
              X