Now in your mailbox...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now in your mailbox...

may be an advertising piece from a mass marine equipment/paint/parts company. Yes, that is a stunning Chris Craft express from the late 40s, early 50s with Washington State registration. And a young Dick Dow at the helm. At the time ( and up to 5 years ago) the craft was known as "Tango", and Dick has since sold it. He has quite a story about the photo session, with helicopter involved.
    Photo by Neil Rabinowitz.
    Attached Files

Boy, Dick sure was young back in the 40's and 50's. VeryBigSmile

Sorry Dick I just couldn't resist the urge. By the way who is that young lady you are with, and does Kathy know about her?
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Jack-
      not sure how often Dick checks in on this site, he's certainly a regular at ACBS NW. I'm not sure the young lady's affiliation with Mr. Dow, he'd have to fill us in on that.
      I'm putting the time of the photo shoot at 1992-96. Last contact with seeing Tango was in Dick's garage about 6 years ago, while he was storing it for a buyer. Think it went to California.
      The mass and weight of the boat are impressive in person !
      bruceb

Comment

Bruce,

Dick is a lurker from time to time I know, but I think I know where he'll be this weekend for sure.

He said he'd stop by the house before we move off the lake in July, I'll rib him then about being OLD.

I know you wander by some times too, so stop by before July fourth and we'll by you a beer or a coke.
        Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
        Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Jack-
          Sure will try to drop by the place before you "vacate". Let us know if you need some moving work done. We'll call a day or two before heading by !
          Enjoy those precious sunrises....
          bruceb

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb, post: 22172
            Jack-
            not sure how often Dick checks in on this site, he's certainly a regular at ACBS NW. I'm not sure the young lady's affiliation with Mr. Dow, he'd have to fill us in on that.
            I'm putting the time of the photo shoot at 1992-96. Last contact with seeing Tango was in Dick's garage about 6 years ago, while he was storing it for a buyer. Think it went to California.
            The mass and weight of the boat are impressive in person !
            bruceb
            Last I heard "Tango" is somewhere in northern Idaho with a hole in the bottom... The new owners often drive out to some of the eastern washington ACBS events but haven't had the boat in the water for a few seasons now...
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
            X