Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it things go wrong when nothing can go wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it things go wrong when nothing can go wrong?

So, the day dawned sunny on Lummi Island this morning. Temperature was 54 degrees. Forecast said zero precip expected today, tonight, and clear through the weekend and more. The perfect time to touch up some paint on Rosario that got scratched by the dog scrambling across the deck and by work done replacing the transom last summer.
    I read all the directions and checked that I had all the right stuff to do the job. Temp and weather, check. Paint right brand, right paint number, fresh, never opened can, check. Lots of foam brushes, check.
    So I got right on the job. Paint seemed a bit "heavy" and not going on smoothly but, since it said it shouldn't be thinned to brush on and I didn't have the specific thinner it recommended, I went on. Then a trip to town to lay in some groceries in case they get the dock in where we live so we can easily launch.
    Back five hours later and sprinkling has started. The paint was already dry to touch but the brush strokes still show up a bit. I put a tarp over the freshly painted areas in a way that it won't touch the paint unless it rains hard enough to weigh the tarp down.
    Hoping for the best. However, if you should see Rosario out on the water, don't look too closely and maybe, just maybe, it will still look beautiful.
    (Sorry about that Chuck C. but it's our boat now so you can "cry if you want to." :Raining::Raining::Raining:
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Hi Jerry, I'am sure it looks fine. That boat will always look good. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Right, Chuck. You did a great job on it and I'm trying to keep it looking good. Think it is going to be fine. Can't wait to get it on the water. Maybe Saturday. Maybe Monday. Thinking a trip to Vendovi or, perhaps, LaConner. Becky wants 75 degree weather. Yah, like that is going to happen in the San Juans!
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
      X