I Have Had It !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Had It !

Being this weather is acting like it is still Feburary and does not look promising, i decided to work on the Skagit over the last few months. Here's a few pictures what has been done like the new cabin door that Marty made,water tank made into a glove storage box , blue socks for the ice storage chests , gas tank too and now installing the PVC gas line pipe that goes up the portside to the 12 gal gas tank.Next was carpeting the PVC pipe with the grain matching the carpet on the cockpit hull walls. After installing the four way fuel switch Saturday,i now have 54 gal cruising range. I think i will run off the two 12 gals and leave only about 16 gal in the 28 gal in the stern for a reserve back up until i need to fill it up for a long cruise like to the San Juan's & SouthSound.This way the weight will be more up to the center of the boat by the bulkhead and seats. With the four stroke it should have a long range. I did repaint the splashwell with a fresh coat of paint. Also decided to change the hull's grey stripe to white as i think it lightens up the hull and the rest of the boat. Might repaint the white cabin roof and down the sides as well.Going to do a little work in the cabin and under the bench seat. Speaking of seats going to have made up at Prism Graphics small scripts of the Skagit logo that was used in 1958 on the back of the the two seats. After that a few more things and one kind of a big item then it will be winter. Have a nice Summer if we ever have one. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

the work your doing on the skagit

I would appreciate your advise on a problem i have with my 20 ft skagit express... we just installed a 2005 merc cruised i/o and are having gas tank problems. yesterday the sheriff was kind enough to tow us back to the marina .. the old tanks are fouled and i thought that i had one clean enough but apparently not... all went fine until i turned the motor off and then it would not start.. still getting gel in the lines. i am wondering how to best solve the problem without replacing the tanks and saw your post with the tanks at the helm.. could you give me a few pointers on how to best do a similar instal... steve 541-420-5365

Comment

Looking great Chuck. Would really look sweet at LaConner (or anywhere else, for that matter).
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry i think SouthSound will be the only event i will be making the rest of this year as i want to get my list done and then move onto the Dorsett Saratoga for next year as after all i have another birthday ( times marching on ) coming up ! OMG ! Steve will call you in a little bit as we have to leave in a little while or you can call me at 425-742-4319 my company line in my house. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Stever.
          If your tanks are fiberglass you have bad news coming. I don't think anyone has come up with a solution other than replacing the tanks. Most of us have had the same problem. Filtering the gas doesn't work. The filters just clog up. Sorry for the bad news. Hopefully someone can come up with a better answer but I wouldn't hold my breath.
          1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Working...
          X