trailer weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer weight

To get my trailer registered in Washington State, I need the weight. It is a Holsclaw with my 1958 Reinell Jet-About. Pretty simple. Can someone help?

i believe you need the gross weight not the laden weight, take the boat off the trailer take to trailer to a local dump or to a state patrol weigh station or contact the state patrol you need a slip of paper saying the weight of just the trailer. b4 you go thru the hassle contact your local place that weighs stuff to verify they are able to do it.

Comment

Weigh stations along I-5 are the easiest way to get a weight, and Mcintry is correct in that you need the gross weight of the trailer (no load).

Sometimes if you tell the DOL that it's not road worthy yet they will accept a "Home scale" weight and you can just guestimate. The real reason they want an accurate weight is so they know how much to charge you for your license tabs every year...
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Scale Weight

I just went though the process for a 2005 EZ Loader that I purchased in Portland, Or and bought it back to Woodway, WA for a 1962 Sande Ace. The Edmonds Dept of Licsensing office / outlet directed me to the nearest two scales in the area. Empty and unhooked from Tahoe at the scale, $5.00 later and scale slip and I was on my way...back to the DOL. Interesting to me that a known manufacturer, EZ Loader, with printed specs manual shows the weight but is not accepted by the State of Washington. Added about 45 minutes to the licensing process for me. No big deal.

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Working...
        X