Rosario ready for some boatating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosario ready for some boatating

Thanks to Tim Mattson's great efforts, Rosario now has power tilt. No more being stuck on the beach with the prop buried in mud. And, amazingly, he cured the lack of slow idle. He went into the control box, found a loose screw, tightening it and we once again have a motor with fast idle. You might hear the expression "that made my day!". Well, figure Tim made our summer. Thanks so very, very much Tim.:boater1:
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Jerry, Tim is Mr. OMC for sure. He had to rebuild my control box a couple years ago to resolve my problems. Glad to hear your back in business. Enjoy your summer.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Jerry, Glad to see you now have T&T unit ! It was nice to see yours and Becky's home last Saturday along with those goodies ! Battery is still charging up on camera. Hope the pictures come out alright. Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Jerry, Happy to see you got everything straightened out. Tim rocks and he's the man. Tell Becky thanks for the pasteries. I had them for desert Sat. night. I did not share cuz they were so good.
        Greg James

Comment

Hey, Commodore, you talking dirty here?:BigWink1: It was fun seeing you guys and I'll tell Becky you enjoyed the lemon lovelies.
          Keep thinking I'll make it to some club outings. South Sound always sounds good but driving south doesn't and what to do with a dog and a cat? Almost the same with Lake Chelan except I can avoid the traffic. Think we might take Rosario up to Diablo Lake. It is beautiful and could be a fairly easy day trip with some trout fishing involved.

Comment

Jerry,
            You are very welcome......was nice to have things pan out and go as they should.
            Greg,carefully re-read your post....might want to re-word it slightly....
            Getting your outboard up with a button is always easier than by hand,but does go slower.....beaching and hitting things with power trim takes a higher toll on props/skegs as the motor doesn`t kick up suddenly.
            Trimming motor for proper trim angle is a fuel saver and can lessen steering wheel torque so the plusses usually add up to a more enjoyable ride.
            Jerry`s view of the water is so good ,I can`t believe he`d think of boating anywhere else.....but am glad he has and can do even more now.
            TimM
            unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
            15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
            SeaRay 175BR
            Hi-Laker lapline
            14` Trailorboat

Comment

Tim/Jerry, Now that I have reread my post I see what you mean. I will delete.
              Greg James

Comment

Rosario back on water

Jerry sent me this picture ,hope he`s not posting as I do....so glad this worked out ,at least so far.......had one hiccup but Jerry`s magic touch has the power trim at his fingertip.
                He also now has a working Fast idle lever in his controls......without replacing.Two turns on one loose screw and it snugged right up.
                The new transom work looked really good so let`s hope this boat survives another 50 years.
                TM
                Attached Files
                unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                SeaRay 175BR
                Hi-Laker lapline
                14` Trailorboat

Comment

With some great people working on Rosario, unless I manage to sink her, I expect her to outlast me, Becky's next husband, and perhaps even Becky who should top 100! Of course, I might give Rosario a rest and buy the little boat next to her (when I win the megamillion lottery).

Comment

Jerry, Where that picture taken at ?....nice Chuck

Comment

Shot at Vendovi Island dock. I've been a bit quiet about my favorite island because I like to think I'll always find a spot at the dock there. No charge. Even the yacht beside me was on shore power and there was no meter to pay for it. Fresh running water, free. Indoor real restrooms, free. Only negative, the tall breakwater keeps you from enjoying most of the scenery from your boat. You have to walk up this long ramp to get on the top of the breakwater to watch the boats go by. Yesterday the seals were messing around the island and the killer whales were 3-4 miles to the north. Ah, life is great in the San Juans on our day (or, maybe week) of summer!

Comment

Jerry ,Oh ok it did not look the same when we were there in the rain last Saturday and the picture shot.Chuck

Comment

Working...
                        X