boat transportation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boat transportation

I need to ship Rhapsody and trailer to Sacramento CA. Does anyone remember the name of the outfit we were using a couple years ago, and are they reputable?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Try GSG group

Jack, Sorry don't know anyone. Why don't you put a posting on the GSG board in the Sac -Bay area? They might know of a company or someone. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Chuck, not sure that you are aware, but if your 62 + years old, you can get a lifetime pass for $10. Just got mine a few weeks ago. It's good down here in Oregon as well, plus all the National Parks.

It's the best deal going from the government.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Hey, going boating! What an idea? Becky says "NO WAY" to running through Deception Pass. Been there. Done that. However, what's the likelihood you'd be having lunch at the LaConner Tavern? Some of the best fish and chips around and more than a half decent burger. We have island friends with a Boston Whaler that have been asking us to go with them to LaConner this summer and we've been saying we would like to do it Aug. 10 but in this beautiful weather, what's wrong with two trips to LaConner in one summer? So, no circumnavigation of Fidalgo but a visit with some fine friends sounds good to us. We might go as far as to come home via the west side of Guemes Island.
        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Steve....Thanks as i will be going to South Sound this summer and just maybe back to the San Juan Islands. Chuck

Comment

Jerry, You just have to go at the right time.....Slack time. You could join us by coming south into LaConner and meeting us around Hope Island and go back thru LC northbound again and swing off by Guemes Island on the way home. Don't know where we will eat yet. Chuck

Comment

Okay. I know Chuck knows how to use the board and was surprised to find his Sunday trip posted under the posting for a way to get a boat and trailer to CA. Then I and Steve respond and Chuck's post has gone to a new thread where it belongs. Sorry for any mess I made and don't know how to move my post to the correct thread.
              Steve, that must be a different pass as the one Chuck is referring to is a Washington State Parks thing so not likely it is good in Oregon and the Golden Passport, which I've had for 18 years now is the Federal one.
              Jerry
              There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Sorry about that Jack ! I went back and copy & pasted my message to a new posting. Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Sammamish1, post: 22813
                  I need to ship Rhapsody and trailer to Sacramento CA. Does anyone remember the name of the outfit we were using a couple years ago, and are they reputable?

Thanks in advance for your help.
                  Jack, I have an email into my cousin's husband (professional truck driver with several years experience across the country) to see if he has ever transported a boat before. You can expedite this knowledge if you want to give him a call. I know it would be more comforting to work with a "boat transport" company but all truckers are required to carry insurance to cover any possible damages or loss of cargo, so you might be able to save some money going with an independent trucker vs a fulltime boat transport company...

His name is Lane, 704-nine7five-2six7five (despite the area code he is based out of Sultan WA)
                  Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                  1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Reading the Fine Print

Hey guys,
                    Almost lost me a few times on this thread......then read the last line of Brian`s signature......BABY ON WAY!
                    Congrats Brian , the Boating world could sure use another Flaherty to show the rest of us how to really have fun out there.
                    On the down side,sorry to see Jack sell off his gem......but he has one less thing to move now.
                    TimM
                    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                    SeaRay 175BR
                    Hi-Laker lapline
                    14` Trailorboat

Comment

Off to Greener Pastures

Tim,

The last load will be tomorrow, and I still have to move Rhapsody over here to Kingston, then off tom Sacramento at some later date.

Tomorrows move will be two pickups and a 24 ft U-haul for some 8"x18"x20' old growth wood beams I have had squirreled away for the last twenty years or so. They are going in my new shop for the chain hoists so I can roll Lil Red to paint the bottom. The U haul truck will only be half full, but I needed the length for the beams.

We'll also have three trailers, Rhapsody, the jet ski, and a U haul trailer for my tractor and implements. i think that will keep the ferry system in the black ink for the rest of the year, me not so much.

Next week I come back over to trade my back hoe for a 52" mower and a 48" tiller. That should set me up for the life of a country squire here in downtown "Green Acres". Thank God I'm a Country Boy. :cool1:

It will be good to have this ordeal over. The only other move I make will be to Forest Lawn where the woodbine twineth.
                      Attached Files
                      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Working...
                      X