Deception Pass This Sunday !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deception Pass This Sunday !

Being the weather is to be nice this coming Sunday ,if anyone ( open to all ) wants to join us Sheila & I , Rick Love and maybe Melanie & Mary we will be arriving at Coronet Bay next door to Deception Pass park between 10:00am - 11:00 am. We will be doing a cruise around Fidalgo Island ( Anacortes ). There will be a -04 low tide at 8:25 a.m. so we don't have to start too early when it's coming in if we head to LaConnor first and go that direction the high tide is 4:25 P.M.There shouldn't be a problem coming into Deception pass later.

To launch at Coronet Bay you will need a discover pass for the park . You can buy a one day pass ( $10.00 ) but it's better to get the year pass ($30.00) you may want to go to another park this summer ? That's up to you. Just a heads up. The marina portion of Deception Pass State Park is located on the south shore of Coronet Bay on Coronet Bay Road (See Map link below or Google it ). The Marina has a 7-lane boat launch and parking area. Please let me know if you will be able to join us in a fun outing ! More later. Chuck

charles.carey@comcast.net
    http://www.oakharborcomeashore.com/p...splay.cfm?id=3
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Chuck, note my response to your circumnavigation of Fidalgo under "Boat Transportation". Swear to God that is where your thread was a few minutes ago!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Chuck, having edited the paper at Oak Harbor for three years in the early 60's, I know about Deception Pass. It is just that Becky had relatives that were drowned in a boating accident in the pass many years ago and she won't go through there in anything much less than a CG boat with two 200 hp Hondas on it (and a couple of Coasties to hold her hands?).
      We'd probably just meet you in LaConner. Think we could tie up at the float by the ramp under the bridge. If not allowed, perhaps the tav has a float for customers arriving by boat for lunch. Went to Calico Kitchen for breakfast once and tied to Sea Scout ship dock right in front of CK. (Were told in advance the Sea Scouts weren't going to be around that day.)
      Anyway, you gotta eat somewhere (or were you thinking a picnic on Hope Island?

Comment

I am not going to make the cruise. Would like to meet for lunch in Laconner if that works for you all. My cell phone is 360-466-3045. Give me a call Sunday and see if we can meet. Clint

Comment

Public docks

There are public docks in LaConnor just down the street from the Tavern. We should be able to find a spot along the waterway. There's always the marina , but it's a longer walk. Depends on when we get underway but should be pretty safe to say we should be there by High Noon . I'll give you a call Clint. We'll keep our eyes open for Rosario also . Stay out of Deception Pass and take Canoe pass it's alot more fun ! :boater1:
          Attached Files
          Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

LaConner Sunday

Hey Clint,

My boat is in the Shelter bay marina, in the water year round.

I have plenty room for extra room for classic boaters.

Steve Pierce

Hey Tim, you going?
            Attached Files

Comment

Steve, We will be in LC around noon. Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Steve, Thanks for the offer, but unfortinately I have plans in the afternoon. Hope to have lunch with the group in LaConner. Clint

Comment

Rosario is tied to the dock (couldn't launch later than 6:30 a.m. tomorrow). Depending on weather, expect to be at the dock at south end of LaConner at no later than noon.

Comment

Working...
                  X