Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New web site going live!

:HandHorn1:

I just received word that the new web site will be live tomorrow! (yeah, I know, I know ... finally!)

The forums may be down temporarily tomorrow during the backup / uploading / testing periods, if you visit and find that they're down they will be up again shortly.

The forums are not being changed and will function as they always have. Which is flawlessly, thanks to Helmar!

The new site is easier to read, easier to navigate and much, much easier to make changes to. We'll be able to update the calendar, post news, change photos, etc. very quickly and easily. The feature I really like is the automatic slideshow on the home page.

You'll notice that at first there will be "placeholder" text in many areas, over the next week we'll be replacing this with our text , links, etc. (And yes, we'll be updating the calendar )

I hope you all like it!

Tim

Thanks to all of those involved!
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

Comment

Tim, Helmar, Greg and all who work on this magic box I enjoy so much. Let me be the first to thank you for all you do.I only understand about half I know about this 'puter stuff, but I take a boat fix here most every day... Thank you. - Ross
      Ross Henson

Comment

well done

Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
        Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Ross, I am also puter illiterate so I haven't really had a thing to do with the new sight. Credit should go to Tim, Joe and especially to Tim's son Brendon. Brendon has donated a lot of time and his expertise on this project as Tim and Joe have but Brendon did it as a nonmember but thought it very important that this should happen because he has been on several events with Tim and has a deep interest in NWCBC. Neither Tim or Brendon have boats that they can use but they both have boats in the wings that have to be restored. Hopefully those projects can get started soon now that the web sight is nearing completion and we can welcome them both out on the water soon. Thanks you guys for your dedication and hard work. This wouldn't have happened with out you.
          Greg James

Comment

Something I neglected to mention is that because of Tim and Brendons efforts to keep the cost of this project down, we are getting a high quality product at a premium cost. Your dues at work.
            Greg James

Comment

Joe, Tim and Brendon. Thanks for all your hard work on the website. The new Homepage looks great.
              Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Tim, Brendon, and Helmar, you guys have done (and continue doing) amazing work!! New homepage is steller!! Can't wait to see all the "jiberish" replaced by real text! Definitely bumps our club's online pressence to a new level.
                Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Great job !! Really like the new look. Thanks for all your hard work.
                  Jack Leslie
                  1948 Sande launch
                  1962 Stiletto

Comment

Really like the new format. Thanks for your work.

Comment

Wow!....
                      :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
                      (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
                      1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Comment

Latin?

Stupid me I didn't see any change so I had to go to the home page, I just go straight to the forum usually.

Speaking of the forum, whats with all the Latin mumbo jumbo?

Hows that for a segue?

I didn't go to Catholic schools, so my grasp of Latin is slim at best.

What is the latest news? Or should I say "Quid est frangentes circa domos novi?"

It really does look great even if I can't read it!
                        Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                        Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Tim, I know you are working the bugs out, but are you going to put a nice "Northwest Classic Boat Club" banner across the top on the opening page instead of that decal that's half cut off on some of the flash pictures on the opening page. Also can you slow down the flashing so a person can look at the pictures a little longer ? Thanks,Chuck
                          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks, they are much appreciated.

The latin is just placeholder text, over the coming days we'll be replacing it with english, which I hope will make more sense than what's there now.

Along with replacing the latin with actual content, there is still fine-tuning to do, we'll be working on that.

Some of you may see the old site when you click on a bookmark or link you've placed in your internet browser, this is the result of your browser showing you a saved copy of the web site instead of reloading it every time you visit the site. You can either empty your browser's cache or wait until it updates itself with a copy of the new site. It's not practical for me to attempt to give instructions here on how to do this due to the different browsers and versions of them in use, but if you google "emptying cache in internet explorer" you'll find lots of easy to follow instructions for doing this. Of course, if you're not using internet explorer replace those words with whatever browser you're using. EDIT: Ignore these instructions and see Brendan's post below ...

I'd like to ask that if you see something that isn't working correctly please hold off pointing it out for a little while, we have a list of things we're working through and what you're seeing is most likely on our list. When we're done (or, more accurately, when we think we're done) I'll post asking for anything that you all see that doesn't seem to be working correctly and then we'll address those items.

Thanks!

Tim

Comment

Thanks!

Hey guys! Thanks for the thanks!

We have had a lot of "fun" while working on this site and learned a lot of great lessons which I'll be happy to share with you over a beer at the next event.

I want to let everyone know that I'll be tweaking things on the site over the next week. Don't worry if something changes multiple times, looks a little funny for a day, doesn't have the updated info, etc. It's all totally normal and part of the process. Some things you can't work out until you launch.

Please don't bug the club leadership about anything that's not yet perfect. I promise that when I say "done" you can make me a list of everything I forget

Thanks again for the opportunity to work on this website. And if anyone wants to take me for a ride at the next event that would be sweeeet.

[EDIT] Gently pressing "F5" on your keyboard should force your browser to reload and show you the updated site! If that doesn't work hit it really hard and yell.

-Brendan

Comment

Working...
                              X