Switcheroo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switcheroo

After getting the Skagit 18 home last Tuesday, i decided to see if she would fit on my California trailer that i had the Dorsett Catalina on. I have been saving this trailer for just a boat like this to where i can have it more or less down low in the cradle. Fits great so now i will adjust the bunks up just a little bit,and add new wheel bearings , convert the coupler to a 2" ,wiring and give her a black paint job with new tires,chrome wheels and pinstriping as this will be use mainly in lakes. Of course this will happen over the next year. The boat itself just need to be clean up some and will be a breeze to go thru compare to the trailer. Before and after pictures of switching trailers. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

That looks pretty cool Chuck.

I don;t think people give it much thought when purchasing trailers but up here, not all the launching ramps are the same. Some are pretty shallow which means if you have a boat up on a tall trailer, takes that much more backing into the water to float your boat...
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, I think in California they seem to sell more of the "Low " style being the Lakes are down on the water levels during the summer or sometimes all year or even for years. Personaly i do like that better than trailers like EZ Loaders,King ( the bunks are a little lower than the rollers one's ) and others we have here but we have to deal with those. Mind you they are fine trailer's , but IMHO i just like the low one's better.....unless you have a cool Tee Nee, Ditty,or other classic one's. I hate putting the exhaust pipe under water like at that blasted ramp at Sand Point in Seattle. That has to be the most stupid ramp they ever came up with. There is a long story how the City of Seattle "remodeled it ". Here's another before / after pictures on the Skagit 18 "Chippewa" in the shelter without the 20' that's away from home. Sure miss her. Chuck
      Attached Files
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
      X