Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last year for the Mason Lake Event Sept 22

Hi all.
    We have been having our Mason Lake event at Simpson Timber park and not Simpson has to sell her.

This is going to be our Last event at the Mason Lake.
    The North end is just too shallow for most to launch in so if you want to enjoy one of the most beautiful resorts that we have been able to use, this is the time.

I am posting this here for non members to see as this is a Open event and our last event that you can join in this year.
    This is a Family event with a Potluck meal so please bring something for the table.

If you are a Web Member and want to come or you are not a member at all, please sign up and let us know.

Looking at the long term weather reports, its looking like its going to be a beautiful day.

If you have questions, just ask.

Directions to follow.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

If you haven't been to the Mason Lake event at Simpson park you owe it to yourself to find a way to attend this one. This is the last club event of the season and it sounds like possibly the last time we will have access to this beautiful park. If you're going to make one event this year this is the one to attend! :Bigdriving1:

Boat or no boat... motor or no motor (bring oars)... boat in progress... it doesn't matter. We guarantee you'll have fun.

I'll be there for sure this year. If anyone currently without a boat would like to ride along let me know.

Lastly, this is an open event to members and NON-members. This is a great chance for non-members to see what membership gets you. We're looking forward to meeting new boating enthusiasts next weekend!

How about a public role call for everyone planning to attend (members & non-members)?:HandHorn1:
    Mark
    Silverdale, WA.
    1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

my wife and I will try and be there. thanks

Outlaw
      John & Colleen Weston
      Carlyon Beach, Olympia,WA
      lookin for the right boat

Comment

Jody and I will be there with our Glasscraft. What time is the event scheduled at?
        17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
        18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
        19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
        25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
        14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
        14' Stilleto

Comment

I will be there. No boat yet, but will bring my Nikon and 3 12packs of carbonated colored sugar water.

10:00 am

1052 E Mason Lake Dr W, Grapeview, WA 98546

Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
          16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
          17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Mason Lake

Weather should be great. We plan to be there with the G-3/Mark 75

Comment

Posting this from the events forum... Thanks Tim!

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 23642
              The address of the park is 500 East Mason Lake Drive West, Grapeview, WA 98546. We usually start arriving around 10:00 AM. I don't have good directions to post, I use online mapping and print out the map / directions.

This is a pot luck event, please bring a little extra food to share if you can, along with enough paper plates and utensils for your party and a serving spoon / fork for your dish. In the past we haven't organized a menu and it's turned out fine. If you're planning on cooking at the park it's best to bring a portable grill as there isn't a grill near the dock / beach, which is the favorite place to eat. There are picnic tables near the dock where our boats will be tied up, and there is a nice soft sandy beach for those who can beach their boats.

The parking area for your tow vehicle and trailer is to your left as you're driving toward the launch ramp, please start parking on the end of the row furthest from the ramp and fill in from there, as close as is practical so there is room for everyone. If you're coming and not towing a trailer, please try to park in a place that isn't big enough for a vehicle with a trailer, if you can.

There is plenty of area to the right along the log vehicle barriers to prep your boat for launch, usually there are folks waiting at the dock to help you launch and tie up so the ramp moves pretty quick.

Unfortunately, as others have posted, it looks like this will be the last year we will be able to use this facility. This is an awesome place and this event has been the highlight of the season. The weather always seems to be good for this event and it's pretty special to have exclusive use of the dock and beach. Many, many thanks to Thom Adams for arranging use of the park for us this year and in the past. :GoodJob:
              Mark
              Silverdale, WA.
              1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Good to see you back Mark.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Thanks Joe. It's been a crazy summer at work... I've only been on the water once this season so I'm REALLY looking forward to Mason.
                  Mark
                  Silverdale, WA.
                  1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Deb and I will attend and are looking forward to meeting all of you at Masson lake.

Dave

Comment

Joe, Will be there Saturday. Chuck
                      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Mason or Bust

Wow....Mason weather has changed and now the chance of rain showers.

Lets see,
                        I am about 150 miles away.
                        I have to leave really early so it will be dark outside.
                        The weather is a little cooler.
                        A chance I might get wet.....

Hit it.:Skipper1:
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Joe,I don't see where it is going to rain ? KING-TV saids it might rain in the foothills by the Cascades ? Besides down by Mason lake the weather is not always the same as Seattle. Who's coming anyway. Chuck
                          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

We're still gonna try... If weather looks bad we will likely leave baby at grandma's in Lynnwood and just Michele and I will come down.. Should know for sure by morning...
                            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Mason Roll Call

That a possibility of 4 so far opcorn1:
                              Others ?? Mark and Mark, Dave ?
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                              X