Morning commute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning commute

Last weekend, Saturday I stayed overnight at Jones Island State park. Sunday I motored up to Garrison Bay where I anchored and stayed the night. Slept out in the cockpit under a billion stars.

Monday morning, I had to work, so headed out of Garrison bay and had to decide at Mosquito Pass whether to turn right or left. Right would take me through Mosquito Pass, Roche Harbor and down Spieden Channel and San Juan Channel, the way I came the day before. Turning left would take me around the outside of San Juan Island via Haro Strait and Juan De Fuca Strait, up San Juan Channel and back to Friday Harbor....perhaps 4-5 miles further, but more picturesque.

I turned left and made this beautiful morning passage down Haro Strait. I passed a thousand sea birds, a couple blue herons, a couple harbor porpoise, an eagle and a couple sport fisherman. My morning commute, 21 nautical miles (25 statute miles. What a way to start the day!!

On a different subject, my membership check I mailed a couple months back caused an overdraft.....forgot about the check and running the account a bit close to the line. I covered it, but if here is any problem, email me and I'll make good on it.....

Cheers,

McSkagit
    Attached Files
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Thanks for the photos Tim. It don't get no better than that. I can smell the salt air now. That's one thing I miss being in the dry high desert of Central Oregon.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Working...
    X