Trailer wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer wheels

I have this single axle Holsclaw trailer, about 1958. I need to replace the wheels and tires, including the spare. The assemblies I currently have are too large for the fender gap. Can I get some info on the best place to buy them?

I may have some in stock…

However, I need some specifications, including wheel OD, bolt circle diameter, number of bolt holes, etc.

It might be a while until I get my new trailers before I can have the wheels available.

If this is a problem for you then I might not be able to help. At least let me know the size you need.

Regards, Dave.
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Les Schwab. Make sure they are trailer tires and not car tires. They will explain why.
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I've always had good luck with Les Schwab and Discount Tire. Both have great service and can order just about anything you could possibly want..

Be carefuly going to a smaller overall diameter, this will increase the rotational speed of your bearings and if they are the least bit worn you can have problems a lot faster as they will now build heat faster than before. Our old trailer had 30" overall diameter tires on it when we got and one wore out so I installed an old set of 28" diameter tires my father had laying around and we made it 150 miles before a wheel bearings seized and then exploded!!!
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
        X