How much could I sell this for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much could I sell this for?

I am trying to help my in-laws with selling a couple of boats. I really don't have a good idea since I can't seem to find much about them online. The first is a 1974 Beachcraft 16' Runabout. Has a 115hp Merc OB attached.

The second is a 23' 1972 Chrysler cabin cruiser with twin IB 4 cyl. Volvo engines.

Both have EZ trailers. They are in Cosmopolis, Washington.
    Attached Files

The best way is to search Craigslist or other boats for sale websites to see what other boats are selling for. You probably won't find the exact same boats, but something comparable.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

I am at the point were I have to use Freecycle to get rid of project boats that I know I will never get around to doing.

Your problem, the longer they sit, the worse the chance of even selling them.
      They both need to be runners or they will go as parts boats, sorry.

If you can keep them running, spring and at the ramp with a for sale sign is your best shot.

One thing is to find out what Volvo Penta Outdrives you really have.
      It makes a difference on some of them as one is closer to commercial grade, which makes them worth more.

Like Steve says, find out what they are "selling" for not what they are asking.

On Ebay, that Boat Angle place were you give you boat to them, they sell it on Ebay, even those that I have watched are not even selling for fair parts prices. Sorry again.

Classics, you have a little better shot of selling those....
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

That Chrysler Cabin Cruiser is way cool. Let me know what they are looking to get out of it I may be interested.

Comment

Nick, the Chrysler is going for $1500. I posted it on the Olympic Penninsula Craigslist.

Comment

Working...
          X