1947 Chris Craft U22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947 Chris Craft U22

Can anyone give me an idea if this Chris Craft is worth the asking price of $12,500?
    Thanks, Eric.

http://www.absoluteclassicsmarine.co...page.tpl&pop=0

What do I know, but…

One thing I do know is is that wooden boats are subject to all kinds of problems, especially if they have been left out of the water for a period of time. They may need to be put in the water and watched while they heal up.

From what I've seen in the past, that boat is considerably undervalued for a recent restoration. I see signs of rust on the manifold which could be nothing or indicative of some engine problems.

I think before I bought it would haven it surveyed. With fiberglass boats, either the hull is sound or it is not. With wood boats sometimes you have to go around with an ice pick looking for local rot problems.

You really have to know what you're doing, even though the investment level here is fairly low, 12 K plus is a lot of money these days.

I wish you luck.
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

The U-22 is one of the most recognizable Chris-Crafts out there. I have delt with Bruce at Absolute Classic Marine and he is a great guy. Take a look at the Antique Boat Center and other broker sites to see what they are selling for and then compare to this one. Original bottom? 5200 bottom? NW Classics did some work which was usually top notch. It is repowered which is a plus for some and minus for others. $12,500 does not sound out of line.

Good luck and have fun searching!
      BRIAN FRANCHINI
      LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Working...
      X