WoW !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW !

Talk about floating your boat ! There are two of these's WSF's that are being built at this time and maybe a third one out of four the state wants to build to replace some of the older ferries.

http://www.southwhidbeyrecord.com/news/193402571.html
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Nice pictures Chuck. I think they should build an extra one to replace the Walla Walla. I know it's been out of service from an engine fire, but even before that it seems like it hasn't been on a route for more than a month at a time since the Puyallup has been in the fleet.

Comment

Stan, Before I-695 went down in 1999?, it was to be use for one thing on a new ferry route Southworth-Seattle. After I-695 failed it became a back up to the JMII and it's sister the Spokane which ran with it on the Bainbridge route from 1972-1997. When one of the JMII 's needs to go into the yard the Walla Walla would be put on the Edmonds Kingston run and the Puyallup would go to Bainbridge Island to fill in for one of it's two sisters.Then it would go back to Bremerton run for about six months of the year in the Spring and Summer.It is only use for the Bremerton, Bainbridge and Edmonds. It was use on the San Juan route when the JMII came on line , but the good people did not like it with it's wake and they did not want a bunch of people to come to live up there. It is a very good ferry with new engines installed a few years back . As far as the fire it was a "People Thing " that made it happen not a equipment problem.

Comment

Stan, Did you know that everytime a person goes on a WSF , the state collects 25 cents surcharge on every ticket for the construction of the new 144's ferries. Go figure that out !

Comment

At 25 cents a ride I hope they aren't counting on me to pay for them. At least not all of them. Here's a not very good picture of that same superstructure at Harbor Island today. I think it's the same one, anyway.

Comment

Yep that's her !
            Attached Files

Comment

So I'm paying $2.00 a week for the new ferries? At that rate you're not going to see one with my name on it for quite some time. :shocked4:
              Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
              Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Working...
              X