X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAIN WEBSITE DOWN

Hi Folks.
    If you got here, Great, good work.
    Here is what is happening at the moment.
    Seems as our Website that was created by the Russians has crashed. We got NO instructions to speak of, NO support at all on it.

I am getting ready for my Sons wedding (go figure) and will be in route from Salem Oregon (east of it in Silver Falls) after the wedding.
    I don't expect to be in a position to do Anything until tomorrow Morning

I have NO way and know Nothing about this new Website software they used and the only thing I can for now is to get either what they call a Splash page that directs people to our Forum, or I might be able to bring up our Old website again.

This also tells me we need Back up.
    I need to find someone that can do the things I can do and have them ready to help in a moments notice.
    This might be Chris our Forum programmer.

Sorry folks....I never did trust this new website running that software, should have done a back up plan a long time ago....Next time someone offers us something like that with no support, Sorry.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

I remember when we were told that the "the price was right " for the other program. Were are those people now ?? Real good deal...Yea right !!!

Thanks to Joe & Chris for trying to get things working again.If it was not for them we would be "screwed". Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I was able to get it working. Not a lot of documentation, but luckily there was a verbose error log to help out.

If you encounter anymore errors with it let me know, but I think I got all of it.

Comment

So far, so good except I lost access to our Webpage's controls.
        I had a CMS (Contact Management System) programmer look at it and was told our site is outdated and has been for some time. We have no help files, or support with.
        Thanks Chris for jumping in and going after it as we were pretty much screwed.

On a brighter side, some of you folks have been asking about how to change what we are looking at.
        Its called Style's. Its the screens colors and well, look of it.

SO, Down on the bottom left corner, look for Default Style.
        Click on that and you can change your screen layout and color.
        Its the Styles that Chris was able to find for us so give it a try and see if it works for you.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Wow!! Much better. I switched to the "Dark Test". So much easier to read now. Thanks again guys.
          Steve Kiesel
          1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Joe, thanks for all the hardwork!! And thank you Chris for stepping in to save our beloved website!!!

The "Dark Test" style is definitely easier to read, even for youngster like me!!!
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Helmar and Chris, thanks a bunch. Those color choices solve my problem. Now I can READ the messages.

Comment

Working...
              X