Skagit river run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skagit river run

Thought I would post in main forum to contact more people. Planning on a Skagit river run on September 25th weather permitting. The tides are just right and should be a nice ride to view the sights. Leave La Conner at 10:00am from under the Rainbow bridge. Go out the channel around Goat island and then up the Skagit to Mt. Vernon, then back to La Conner. Might stop on the way for a little lunch. It will surprise you how little population is actually visible from the river. May see many humpy fishermen. Should be a nice leisurely outing. Clint

Wednesday is the time for the Skagit river run. 10:00 under the Rainbow bridge for the launch. Ingvar, Dave, and myself have shown interest in going. The weather forecast is partly cloudy and temp in the 60s, so that is good. The tides are great, that is the reason for picking the date for the run. Please confirm if interested. It really is a nice little boat ride. Clint

Comment

There you go folks. If we are running out of Summer, this is a good chance to get out there and run some fuel through those engines.

Got to be some more folks up north that would be interested in this. Call a friend if need be
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by strobee, post: 25941, member: 7
        Thought I would post in main forum to contact more people. Planning on a Skagit river run on September 25th weather permitting. The tides are just right and should be a nice ride to view the sights. Leave La Conner at 10:00am from under the Rainbow bridge. Go out the channel around Goat island and then up the Skagit to Mt. Vernon, then back to La Conner. Might stop on the way for a little lunch. It will surprise you how little population is actually visible from the river. May see many humpy fishermen. Should be a nice leisurely outing. Clint
        Hey Clint, was that your Skagit I saw, being towed into LaConner? Us old timers know, you got to have a backup? Steve

Comment

That was me. The 2nd time Ingvar towed me today. First time hit something submerged by the forks in the Skagit. Ingvar was following and saw a big splash of water from the back of my boat. I heard a loud bang and shut the boat down. None of us saw anything in the river. Hit hard enough to dislodge the engine cover on my big Johnson and wedge it into the engine. Throttle was bound up. We couldn't dislodge the engine cover until Ingvar towed me to a dock where we could get some leverage. Two small nicks in the propeller were the only real damage to the motor. Johnsons are really strong. The 2nd time I was towed was maybe a 1/4 mile from launch and I ran out of gas. Have been busy leading up to a really nice day on the water. Worked all day yesterday on my 17ft Skagit, gave up 6:30 last night. Probably need a new battery. Don't want to buy one and have it sit all winter. So got up this morning to get the 16ft. Skagit ready and miscalculated the gas. Was in too much of a hurry. All in all it was another great day on the water. They are all great days on the water. Really like running in pairs so we can help each other if trouble arises. Thanks to Ingvar I had a really good day. We need to get our boats wet. Clint

Comment

Originally posted by strobee, post: 26010, member: 7
            That was me. The 2nd time Ingvar towed me today. First time hit something submerged by the forks in the Skagit. Ingvar was following and saw a big splash of water from the back of my boat. I heard a loud bang and shut the boat down. None of us saw anything in the river. Hit hard enough to dislodge the engine cover on my big Johnson and wedge it into the engine. Throttle was bound up. We couldn't dislodge the engine cover until Ingvar towed me to a dock where we could get some leverage. Two small nicks in the propeller were the only real damage to the motor. Johnsons are really strong. The 2nd time I was towed was maybe a 1/4 mile from launch and I ran out of gas. Have been busy leading up to a really nice day on the water. Worked all day yesterday on my 17ft Skagit, gave up 6:30 last night. Probably need a new battery. Don't want to buy one and have it sit all winter. So got up this morning to get the 16ft. Skagit ready and miscalculated the gas. Was in too much of a hurry. All in all it was another great day on the water. They are all great days on the water. Really like running in pairs so we can help each other if trouble arises. Thanks to Ingvar I had a really good day. We need to get our boats wet. Clint

Can we get a Amen on that, get them wet. Could you call that Water Therapy
            I think you just nailed it Clint.
            Anyone want to coordinate another adventure ?? I am sure Ingvar has something up his sleeve.

Hope your engine is OK still.!!

(Oh yeah. Forgot to tell most of all of you folks. You can upload a much better graphic image avatar if you like)
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
            X