Too much to learn. Our Help section needs Help too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much to learn. Our Help section needs Help too

Well, I may have bit off more than I can chew with this.
    I need help, plain and simple. I need someone to step up to the plate here and Try some things. Figure some things out and post them for others to learn from.
    I mean come on guys, I am only One person here.

I am behind and in the guts of this thing learning things that I need to learn to keep it stable, make changes when needed.
    This Forum is Totally different in how it operates which means I have one hell of a learning curve here.

I am going to ask again. This is not Rocket Science here guys. Any and all of these tasks could use some instructions...

Our help area (lower right bottom) doesn't tell me much.
    The Help I have for the Forum software, pretty much how to install and control it.
    Not much of anything on how to Run it. (I will go looking first chance I get.

Like, How do you tell when you have read a post ??
    Got your questions on things ??
    Put them here and we can all see them and help each other.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 25956, member: 59
    Well, I may have bit off more than I can chew with this.
    I need help, plain and simple. I need someone to step up to the plate here and Try some things. Figure some things out and post them for others to learn from.
    I mean come on guys, I am only One person here.

I am behind and in the guts of this thing learning things that I need to learn to keep it stable, make changes when needed.
    This Forum is Totally different in how it operates which means I have one hell of a learning curve here.

I am going to ask again. This is not Rocket Science here guys. Any and all of these tasks could use some instructions...

Our help area (lower right bottom) doesn't tell me much.
    The Help I have for the Forum software, pretty much how to install and control it.
    Not much of anything on how to Run it. (I will go looking first chance I get.

Like, How do you tell when you have read a post ??
    Got your questions on things ??
    Put them here and we can all see them and help each other.

Oh Boy Joe! Just to let you know someone did read your message above, but i don't think i would be very much help. Hope someone comes forward. Have you ever click on "Contact Us" and see what it does ? Kind of interesting with all of the titles a person has used in the past come up. I do wish we could put the print into other colors when you want something to stand out.Huh? Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Joe, when a new post shows up from someone, it displays with the Subject highlighted. After you read it, the next time you get on the forum it is no longer highlighted. At least that is how it working for me.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Thanks Steve
        Something that I just ran into.
        I went to Post a message. I pushed the "Post Reply" and noticed the "Post Reply" button went light gray (means it was not available and working) but I see the little bars or whatever they are in the upper right area moving like its trying to finish ??
        I just when up to the top of the my window and pressed Forums again and sure enough, it did post it

Only reason I am telling you this is if I happen to Hit the "Post Reply" Again and Again, then you will see double posts or Dupes.
        Don't know why it does that but it does...
        I will add that to the list of stuff to figure out once I get more time.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Helmar, I am making progress. I got on. Thanks man.
          Greg James

Comment

Working...
          X