Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Skagit Bay? (part 5 of washington state parks).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Skagit Bay? (part 5 of washington state parks).

Skagit bay is in Skagit County Washington, turn west of I-5 Burlington exit 230, on highway 20.
    Turn south at LaConner Whitney road and that will take you to LaConner.
    There are signs that will lead you to the public boat launch on Sherman street, under the Rainbow bridge.

After you launch, head south in the swinomish channel. Best to stay dead center between the red and green
    bouys until you are in deep water, in Skagit Bay. (see skagit-bay-nav-chart.jpg) You will pass Goat Island,
    in the channel, where fort Whitman is located. The fort was built turn of the century, then abandon after
    the 2nd world war. The concrete pits, for the large guns still exist. (see fort-whitman.jpg) There are several
    parks in Skagit bay, (see skagit-bay-parks.jpg) and on the other side of Deception Pass Bridge
    (see deception-pass.jpg), is Deception pass State park, and Bowman bay (see Chart). In Bowman bay you
    will find 6 state buoys, boat launch, rest rooms and a large free floating dock in the south west corner, of
    Bowman bay. In 2003 the Skagit boat club met at this dock (see skagit boat club03.jpg).
    Attached Files

On one of the Club pictures.
    I think I see you behind Chuck who is behind Scotty, who is behind Don Lee ??

Looks like a pretty cool place...
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, That was Bowman Bay in 03 all right. I was with GregJ as my Skagit 17 Rosario was not finished yet. That was my first outing with the Skagit club. I do see Don Lee ( and Sharon way in the background of the dock with red jacket ) who i purchased his boat later on and there's Scotty who's boat ( Bainbridge ) i purchased in 2010. Small world. Also see Tim (Jones) at the front of photo with his boat sideways at the top of the dock and Vicky & BruceB's Skagit towards the back of the dock. In front of Bruces looks like a red and white Skagit with a hard top ? who's was that ? Also the Dorsett in the very front....Jim Just ? I think there was a few others boats on the other side of dock. That is a nice place to go sometime again.
      Attached Files
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 26823, member: 6
        Joe, That was Bowman Bay in 03 all right. I was with GregJ as my Skagit 17 Rosario was not finished yet. That was my first outing with the Skagit club. I do see Don Lee ( and Sharon way in the background of the dock with red jacket ) who i purchased his boat later on and there's Scotty who's boat ( Bainbridge ) i purchased in 2010. Small world. Also see Tim (Jones) at the front of photo with his boat sideways at the top of the dock and Vicky & BruceB's Skagit towards the back of the dock. In front of Bruces looks like a red and white Skagit with a hard top ? who's was that ? Also the Dorsett in the very front....Jim Just ? I think there was a few others boats on the other side of dock. That is a nice place to go sometime again.
        That was a great day. Here are more photos of that meet........SP
        Attached Files

Comment

Steve,
          What happened to the Winter boating game? Was just getting into it....and it's still Winter...
          Tim
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

[ATTACH]15271[/ATTACH] Hey Tim, after meeting with our web master, we plan on making a "destinations " section of the NW classic web site, that will include all parks, DNR and public lands, members can boat to. I just have to take some time and do it.

Here is a park just for you Tim, where is it?
            Attached Files

Comment

Steve,
              I had to blow this picture up a bit, then think about it a while. Think this is way up in the bay, Reid Harbor, Stewart Island.

Comment

Try again, here is a hint.[ATTACH]15272[/ATTACH]
                Attached Files

Comment

I am lost....
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Not lost Joe, it's Sucia again.
                    It's Snoring bay (no kidding), and it has 2 state buoys
                    You have the whole place to yourself. Table, nice beach, fire pit and trails all over the island.
                    One of my favorite places..........Steve
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ah, Snoring Bay. Never stayed there for some reason. I usually stay in Fox Cove..

Comment

The San Juans is on my Bucket List.
                        I have a 24ft Fiberform that I have another engine for, just never got around to putting it in and going through the boat. Needs outside helm replaced and a steering cable from the hydroic cylinder to the out drive. Needs a few other items but never had the funds to finish.
                        Might have to pull this off with my Skagit 20 offshore..
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Had to take the boat out on such a nice day. Flat calm, sun out and mt. Baker looked great!

Ready for spring?..............I am............Steve
                          Attached Files

Comment

took Sweet Zoanna over to Parks Bay yesterday afternoon for about hour and a half. Low on fuel, so couldn't go any further. Nice afternoon and great to get out on the water.....

Tim

Comment

Working...
                            X