Poulsbo Boating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poulsbo Boating

In case you missed it, there is a gathering in Poulsbo this weekend that is being put on by Chip Hanauer. From what I understand, "tickets" are sold out, but there is plenty going on and plenty of places to eat and hang out. I'm not sure what the status is on guest moorage for day trips. If nothing else, boats can be anchored at Oyster Park and it it is a short walk to downtown.

Link to the event time line:
    http://www.theboatguy.com/2013/11/winter-rendezvous/

Also, all year long, the Poulsbo Historical Society is putting on a display about the history of Poulsbo boat building. I haven't been yet but plan on getting over there at some point this summer.
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

That sounds pretty interesting.
    I know Ingvar and a few others live in that area to start with.
    I didn't live that far away and never launched in that area and I sure can't think of why not??
    I will go check out the link
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Poulsbo is a great launch really. It is small and tight, and somewhat dependent on tides, but if you are familiar with it, it isn't an issue. Much less dependent on tide than Kingston actually. The hard part is finding a place to park your trailer after launching. I have a friend who doesn't mind me parking in front of his house a few blocks from the launch, so no big deal for me.

Best part of launching there, though, is the access to protected waters behind Bainbridge Island and the easy gateway to the rest of North Puget Sound.
      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
      Past Affairs:
      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

I was looking at the website and noticed they are using a blanket type one that shows everyone's events which is cool.
        I am hoping Steve keeps going with our NW Boating Guide as that will be used by everyone too.
        Great site, looks to be fun events too.

Last night before the freezing rain started, we had 12 inches of snow out on the driveway.
        Now its 8 inches with about a 1/4 inch ice on top...

My poor boat is setting outside and now I will have to go out and get this ice off of her before it breaks the top down.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
        X