Launching Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launching Saturday

The time is here! After 4 years of work, the 404 is in a runable state. Not finished, and not a show boat by far, but done enough to use for the summer. The forecast is partly cloudy, so I think weather will be OK.

Join us if you can, we'd love to see some classics out there with us. Or just find a near by dock and get a ride.

When: This weekend, June 14th, Mid day until whenever.
    Where: Protected waters between Keyport, West Bainbridge, and Brownsville.
    We'll either be rafted up, or maybe cruising around the island at some point.
    Who: Anyone who cares to swing by. We have at least 2 other classics showing up as well as a few newer boats from friends. Should be a hoot!

If anyone wants to make it out, give a ring or text on my cell so we can coordinate exact location during the day. Three 6 oh 6 two 1 eight 07 three.

Hope to see you there.

John
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

John,
    Congratulation on the four year project and launch. Won't be able to make it down to South Sound, but hope the weather is fine and you and yours enjoy the day on the water and all the kudos that will no doubt be coming your way....
    Cheers,

McSkagit
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Congrats! We'd love to join the float party but our boat is getting the top done this week...he wasn't sure if he could have it done by the weekend. If I pick it up Saturday morning, I'll look into the logistics of making it out to the party.

Comment

Tim, what a sight it would have been to see the Saratogan in my local waters! We will be up in Friday Harbor at the end of August for our 16th anniversary, and I'd love to sneak a look at her if it works out.

Kelly,

If you make it, excellent! If not, I'm sure we will hook up at some point this year. I plan on doing at least one event. Just not sure which one.
        John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

John, Waiting for details and pictures of your launch Saturday ? Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hope it went well!

Comment

It didn't go at all. Rain all weekend kept the boat under cover. A bit dissapointing but it allowed me to tackle a few more things. Shooting for this Saturday instead. The forecast shows 70s and partly cloudy so we'll see!
              John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

bummer... best of luck this weekend!

Comment

Thanks, Kelly. I'm not too bent about it. This has given me the time needed to construct panels for the speakers. I wired up power to the head unit last night and will be mounting the panels and speakers tonight. Now we can launch with the sounds of 1959 top 40!
                  John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Stereo is in. Looks nice and sounds good. We'll be rocking to the sounds of 1959 Top 40 tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be half way decent so we are going for it!
                    John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Hope the weather holds for you.

Anyone else going to show I wonder ?
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen
                      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Morning all. No one from the club made it. Too bad too! It was a great day on the water. A little wind blow but the temp was fantastic. She has been properly re-named to Pretty Girl. The ride is, as expected, a bit poundy in the rough stuff. Not intolerable, but certainly noisy! Once the cabin gets built out it should dampen the noise quite a bit and also provide more rigidity.

Here are some shots of the day. One favorite is the pic of both my girls in my friends boat house. Saturday marked the one and only day that these two cuties will be on the water together. The Marathon is going on CL today. We'll miss her, but she is too small for us now.
                        Attached Files
                        John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Good luck and sorry you have to sell her..
                          Glad you had a nice day out, pretty special
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen
                          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

wow! Congrats!!! She's a beauty, nice job! Did you hit WOT?

Comment

Thanks guys.
                              The Marathon is already sold! Pick up scheduled for Sunday. We will be having a final beer on her in the garage this weekend and probably watch Flushed Away with the kids. (the name Jammie Dodger came from that movie).

WOT. Can't do it. I'm running a 4 blade 19 pitch and I can still over rev if I'm not careful. I did hit 6k though. Sounds really nice. But there is throttle left....

Having the extra weight of the seats and such made a difference, but I won't know if it is the correct prop until the interior is built. If it continues to over rev, I'll get a 21 and keep the 19 as a spare. A 21 might be the ticket regardless, though. She is heavy in the rear, and while she will get up on a plane easily enough when the kids are in the cabin, when they are sitting in the stern, it takes a little longer and more throttle to get her to settle in. Open the throttle up, get her on the plane, and back way down will be the order of the day until all the construction is done. Glad I have lots of ponies at my disposal!
                              John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Working...
                              X