Kelly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly

Kelly, Did you get your boat back with the new canvas job ?
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Yes, did you? Pictures please!
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

what a crazy couple of weeks! I'm sitting here in my "old" house with nothing but a laptop...no furniture etc... I'm waiting for the chickens to go to bed so I thought I'd jump on and see what's what....

I did pick up the boat, sorry Chuck for not stopping by. I wanted to stop by again but I was in a time crunch. Good thing I didn't stop because I just cleared the mile marker when that crazy guy went bizerk on I-5 and the WSP had to take him out..what a nightmare traffic turned out to be.

Anyway...Here's a sneak peek at the boat with the new top:
      [ATTACH]16219[/ATTACH]

Just so everyone knows, I talked to Helmar first about copying his set up. I would not have done it if he wasn't okay with it. It's a compliment to him and his style and I'll say it is a spittin' image of his. I'm super happy with Scott's work and will make all my referrals to him. He's a stand up guy and stands behind his work.
      Attached Files

Comment

More pics please... Side shots? Looks good from the front. I like how the curvature of the windshield was preserved. Too many of these end up looking bad because of square rigging on round boats...
        John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

funny you mention that John, that same discussion came up when Scott and I were talking design... I like how it looks, I just haven't had a chance to take the boat out since it's been done.

Comment

Looks like a real nice job from what can be seen;-), will check in later to see if theres any pics from side and rear? I'm trying to design a top for my Seafair but think mine is much easier with the straight lines of windshield & cabin.
            Bill's Dry Dock, in Smoggy LA!
            3 CD, G3's. 2 '60's and a '59
            1 '63 Seafair; Life raft,Ha!

Comment

Here are some pics from today's outing...this time showing more of the top. A little out of order, but her you go:

[ATTACH]16259[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16260[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16261[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16262[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16263[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16264[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16265[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16266[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good.
                John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Here are some pics from today's outing...this time showing more of the top. A little out of order, but her you go:

Kelly, Looks very nice and will last for years. What lake is that ? Do i see a whale !
                  1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                  1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
                  X