• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McSkagit

Tim, Nice picture of your boat ! Chuck[ATTACH]16308[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Looking good, yet somehow really small...

I'll be taking that same view in when then Wife and I go to Friday Harbor in August. Is the dock open? or private? Want to get an up close and personal look at the big S.
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

I remember that place Been too long and I need to go back and visit. Last time up, Tim Jones was a long way off on his Saratogan but making good progress. Engines were still in the crates.

Quick story, Tim took us out in his Tow boat and we went around the island. I had parked our little RV in line back for the ferry and well, when its time to move it, you had better be there to Move along.
      We rounded the bend and Tim seen the ferry was way ahead of us so he kicked her in the pants and said, well, I normally done run her up this fast but he pored the coal to that big diesel that he had in the Tow boat and off we went.
      Tim said, well, we might be cutting her a tad close but I think you will make it he said.
      He came roaring in pretty hot, was running her from the outside helm, rolled those Monster fenders out, turned the boat, cut the engine and she went right up to the dock and I was able to just step out and on the run to the RV. Made it just in time.
      Too bad it was a short visit. Maybe one of these days in my 20 foot offshore we can make that trip.......
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Ah yes, nice picture. Yes, Joe, that was a tad close! Good memories..
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
        X