Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Isn't Boating This Week/Weekend?

... And what is your lame excuse?

You can't ask for better weather than this week! Me, I'll be fishing later this week and on Sunday. Perhaps a cruise on Saturday. Use it or loose it!
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

[ATTACH]16323[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16321[/ATTACH]
    Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 28739, member: 339
    ... And what is your lame excuse?

You can't ask for better weather than this week! Me, I'll be fishing later this week and on Sunday. Perhaps a cruise on Saturday. Use it or loose it!
    John, No lame excuse here. It is not like i have been working on this boat for four? years like you , but it has been long enough in the last seven months. Greg James with his Skagit and i are going to go up to Lake Stevens tomorrow am for a shake down cruise. Will be asking Greg to take some pictures for me on my Iphone. Pictures @ 11 ! Just order a Stingray XRIII 500 Hydrofoil Boat Stabilizer today.
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Chuck, the pin striping looks great. Have fun at Lake Stevens.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Waiting for 11 AM then...
        John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Ain't no excuse good enough!! I am already making plans to take Declan and possibly some other toddlers!!
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Excellent!, Brian.

Chuck, I can only assume that no pictures posted means you were out on the water longer than expected.
            John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 28751, member: 339
              Excellent!, Brian.

Chuck, I can only assume that no pictures posted means you were out on the water longer than expected.
              We are back !
              WoW what a day ! After waiting since last Nov for that day to come , Greg James ( thanks again and for the pictures you took for me Greg ) and i headed to Lake Stevens this morning about 9am. At the ramp i had forgotten how steep it was when it's your first time out with a another boat and trailer that you are not use to. She started right up and we took off for some photo shoots and just zip around the lake getting the feel of her. Seems to be a nice running boat and a good ride around in the range of 24-29 knots. I did take her up to about 34 knots but i'am not a speed demon as far as pushing the lever further , but i like to just stick down around 24 knots or so. She did come up on a plane very nicely, but i ordered the Stingray XRIII 500 Hydrofoil Stabilizer yesterday so i think that should make it even better. She took some rough wave's very good , even i think better that Skagit Bainbridge. Greg look like he was having a good time as well and got to tow one of those fancy looking boats. Even with his 50hp Evinrude he made good headway with the other boat in tow. About all that is left is the windshield and this winter a cabin door.

Comment

Sounds like she runs as good as it looks. Glad you had a great day. Clint

Comment

Chuck, she looks even better on the water and under power. Nice job.
                  Steve Kiesel
                  1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Looks great Chuck! Awesome work, as usual. Seems like you guys picked the perfect day to do the test run as there appears to be no boat traffic and Greg got to save someone's day!!
                    Brian Flaherty

Comment

Excellent!

I've often thought of printing up decals of newer boat silhouettes. Then we can stick them on the sides of our boats each time we tow one back to the dock...
                      John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Thanks Steve,Brian, Clint & John. Went out after dinner tonight and move the seats up about 3" towards the dash. Think that will be better. Installed two spring loaded hooks on the sides of the motor cover as when you are going down the highway and you have to put the brakes on the cover tends to fall onto the floor. Oops just saw that paint run !
                        Attached Files

Comment

Brian, That was a little different, I'm usually the one getting saved.
                          Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 28778, member: 58
                            Brian, That was a little different, I'm usually the one getting saved.
                            Greg, that is what is known as "boat karma". You get saved, you do the saving, the universe is at equilibrium...
                            Brian Flaherty

Comment

Working...
                            X