Anchor Buddy wears out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor Buddy wears out?

Last year, when I put the boat away for the season, the anchor buddy was working fine. Yesterday, when I went to Patos to visit the lighthouse, there was no stretch in the line. Do those things rot over winter? Is there a better way of dropping an anchor and running ashore and then letting the boat float while the tide drops?
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 28768, member: 32
    Last year, when I put the boat away for the season, the anchor buddy was working fine. Yesterday, when I went to Patos to visit the lighthouse, there was no stretch in the line. Do those things rot over winter? Is there a better way of dropping an anchor and running ashore and then letting the boat float while the tide drops?
    If it is only a couple years old , i would call the store where i purchased it and see what they say. Mine is still fine after about 5-6- years. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Weird. I had mine out the other day and it was still stretchy.
      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
      Past Affairs:
      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Mines o.k. after 5-6 years.
        Greg James

Comment

Talked to another Lummi Islander and he says he replaces his every year! Maybe something about the water here? I think mine was three years old and had good stretch last summer. Don't recall where I bought it. Online somewhere, I suppose. Lots of my parts don't have the snap they used to.
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
          X