Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading our Forum Software

Hi folks.
    Well, I made a big mistake going with the new software like we did.
    I did read all the reviews and I mean All of them. All was good to go. Little did I know, most of the people that reviewed is were Techys.
    I just can't control this stuff and have the opportunity to go back to Vbulletin with more control of what you see and how you see it.
    I would go onto the xenFore forum site but was not able to get valid or direct answers to my questions. It was more like, You might try......Yeah, did that and Crash, down it came. I don't want to take chances like that so, we are dumping it.

As always, some things can get a little bumpy. Last change, we were Way lucky and didn't seem to loose anything, but hey, those odds are about 100 to 1 on that happening.

If for some reason we loose part of the Log in stuff, I will have instructions on what you do. In a nut shell, if you can't log in with the new forum software, they option is telling it you lost your password and it Will send you a new temporary one in which you can log in with that and go to Edit your own profile (Place were you tell it who you are, what you do, that sort of thing) and just change your password to what you want.
    I am not expecting this to happen, but its just a possibility.

So, don't ask me any questions about this until it happens as right now, its kind of a guessing game.

Going to check the Paypal funds and then go for it.
    This time it will not cost us like it did last time with all the tech support and changes.

This will happen (I think) within a week or so.

Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

I'm looking forward to the change. I know just from our conversations that you have to put way too much time into this "hobby" because of the current software. I'm sure we'll have some bumps in the change, but if we expect it, then it shouldn't be too painful if it does unfold. Patience is the key here.
    Thanks again Helmar for all you do for the club. I'm certain a lot of folks may not even realize what kind of time you put into this whole thing.

Comment

Go for it!! You're doing it at the right time of year as we go into the non boating season.

I say whatever helps make this "hobby" less stressful and more fun, do it! If you need more money to cover it, just ask. I'm sure a lot of us would throw in an extra couple bucks to keep this monster alive!
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Ditto the above. Let us know if you need anything Helmar.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Working...
        X