3 hour tour on Columbus Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 hour tour on Columbus Day

Heading out in the morning for a solo journey in the South Sound waters. At the moment my float plan consist of heading due north toward Squaxin Island Indian Reservation and tip my as I go by. From there I'll circle around Hope Island and head north again towards Jarrell Cove state park. I'll stop off there for a bit and venture around the park for a few minutes. I really want to take the family there but they have school and work...next time.
    I will then head south then west towards Shelton since I've never been that way. Hmm, we'll see.
    Photos/videos will be taken for sure.

More to follow tomorrow... Oh and if anyone wants to join with no notice, you're more than welcome. I plan on dropping in at the Swantown marina around 0830.

[ATTACH]16928[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

What a day! It reminded me of the shakedown cruise on Lake Washington earlier this year. Calm in the morning...cruised north at 2o kts, 3-4ft swells in the afternoon on the way back and cruised at 7 kts. It was fun though. Saw quite a few seals, a bunch of different types of waterfowl and one other power boat.
    Pics tomorrow after I spend the day fishing.

Comment

That was just TOO Cool Kelly..
      We used to have a South Sound adventure that Marty would put on. He did it again this year, but with his wife and his sail boat. As he says at his Own speed now

Its more fun when you have a boating partner close by. I always like running with others when I can.
      We used to have some cards that you could write your name on and pass out to other people that you might see with a classic boat. Just let them know we are a boating family and watch out for each other on the water. That alone is important to me, just knowing if I am in trouble some is close and I am not waiting for some towing company to try and find me.

Glad your using yours.
      I have get mine backed in the pole barn once I am able again and do some tinkering with my motor.
      I try not to let fall stop me as, I have a Top and windshield Wiper (RainX works good too)
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Kelly, Looks like you had a fun time. Like your map too ! A lot more little cove's up north of there.
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Yeah Joe, I'm not gonna lie, in the back of my mind I was concerned if something were to happen while I was out...then what? I wasn't miles from anyone as all shorelines were close enough to get to in a few minutes by paddle (worst case) so I just pressed on.

Here are a couple of pics:
          Early morning, haven't even hooked up yet.

[ATTACH]16931[/ATTACH]
          Our state capitol in the southern distance
          [ATTACH]16932[/ATTACH]
          Zero Tide...like glass as I headed north
          [ATTACH]16933[/ATTACH]
          Looking northeast at Harstine (right half of the pic)
          [ATTACH]16934[/ATTACH]
          Jerrell Cove Point
          [ATTACH]16935[/ATTACH]
          On the dock at Jerrell Cove...my "selfie"
          [ATTACH]16936[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files

Comment

A few more pics... we plan on getting a new DSLR camera since we're all about taking photos now...

[ATTACH]16937[/ATTACH]
            not so much about the "selfie" as it is to see the reason there was a small craft advisory with the chop in the background
            [ATTACH]16938[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH]16939[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH]16940[/ATTACH]

Getting attacked by the Swantown Seagulls
            [ATTACH]16941[/ATTACH]
            Attached Files

Comment

Forgot this one..
              [ATTACH]16942[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files

Comment

Also, this was really the first chance I got to use my new top in semi-foul weather. I really liked it and stayed warm and dry all day with the sides up.

Comment

Great Pictures, almost out there all by your lonesome.
                  Lyle
                  "Adrift in a sea of information looking for answers to bring me home"

The Build:
                  The Dorsett
                  Photos:
                  1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                    X