Clear All

Photo attachment test

Attempting to post photo to Reply Thread Your Message
    Attached Files
    1958 Dorsett Farallon
    1959 Bellboy Ballerina

Comment

Kelly,

I was able to post a photograph from my lap top but not from our apple ipad. Thank you for your guidance.

Allan
      1958 Dorsett Farallon
      1959 Bellboy Ballerina

Comment

Originally posted by Chelan View Post
        Kelly,

I was able to post a photograph from my lap top but not from our apple ipad. Thank you for your guidance.

Allan
        I had to widen up that window to see the Upload option myself.
        Will look at trying to change that.

Yep, still have to make that pop up window wider to see the Upload feature.
        Attached Files
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

test.......
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Chelan View Post
            Kelly,

Allan
            Allan, glad to see you were able to upload the picture with at least one platform. We'll hopefully get everything ironed out soon, but as with any major software change it will take a little time. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

IMG_0737.jpg

Yup, that's it Kelly. Thanks. One down, many more to figure out. Have a good one.
              Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

There are a series of different styles. They have different looks and different widths. I have a large monitor, so what works for me is not going to work best for someone with a smaller laptop or a tablet or phone.

With that caveat:

I find that one of the "fluid" styles works best because it fills the browser window. Personally I like "elegant- red- fluid." That's a dropdown at the bottom of the page. Depending on what yu use, a different uploader might be best. Go to "settings" near the top of the page, just to the right of "My Profile". (For the default style it's at the very top. For the "elegance styles it's farther down.) At the bottom is a section like this. I find the advanced uploader doesn't work for me, but the basic does reasonably well. (Advanced tip: Once you've uploaded, you can double-click the image and set a size.

editorsettings.png

Comment

Thanks Ed, I just did this too.

Comment

Comment

skagit14- 004a1.jpg

test pic
                      Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
                      16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
                      17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

I noticed on my system when I go to Attach photos that I can select them but I have to grab the side of the Attachment window and make it wider to see the Upload feature.
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

After trying to figure out how to attach pictures for the last few days or so, i think i will give up on that so called feature. I have never seen a system that is this hard to figure out. Unless someone can walk me thru the steps over the phone i give up ! .

Comment

If you don't see the "Manage Attachments" below your post, click on "Go Advanced".

Now you should see the Manage Attachments and click on that.
                            A window should open up and you should see Upload Files from your Computer.
                            One thing that I have not figured out yet is Why do I have to widen that popup window to see the Upload button.
                            So widen that screen by grabbing the lower right corner with our mouse, hold down the button and drag it to widen it out. Then you should see the Upload button.
                            I have it setup were you can upload up to 20 files.

I created a new field called "Forum Upgrading Questions" which I would sure hope people will use.
                            I need the steps people are using when having problems so I can try and follow though and possible find and fix things.

First, look a few posts back were Ed explains the different styles and how to change your settings.
                            I had to click on Settings at the top like Ed said, then I had to click on "General Settings" to see what he was referring too.
                            Once in General Settings, you should see were you can change and click and select Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
                            Let me know if this works.
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

You should be able to use quick reply. I'm using it here. The key is to use the insert button, which is this one.
                              image insert.jpg
                              That will pop up this window:
                              imagepopup.jpg

browse for the file and press 'Upload Files'. The file is now embedded, as you can see here. But I find it's usually too small. I need to find that setting and enlarge it, but if you double-click on the image you'll get this:
                              imagesetting.jpg

As you can see, there are a lot of settings. I normally just click either "large" or "Full Size". If you have a really large file you might want to click "medium" or "small".

If you aren't seeing the same uploader and you don't like the uploader you see, go to your profile settings (near the top of the page, "settings" the right of "My Profile", then "General Settings". Toward the bottom of that page you can change the editor you use and the uploader. Depending on your browser you may want a different one.
                              editor_options.jpg

I hope that helps.

Comment

A test to see how my profile picture displays.

Figures.
                                Steve Kiesel
                                1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X