Tim, Don't cry you have another one.
    Greg James

Don't worry, there she is.2014-06-21 12.37.49.jpg
    Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]12642[/ATTACH]
      Tim, Don't cry you have another one.
      Come on now Greg, don't do this to me........
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Don't worry, there she is.[ATTACH=CONFIG]12643[/ATTACH]
        This is a good picture, Greg. Any chance I could get a larger format copy of it? You attending the meeting?
        Cheers, Tim

Comment

Be careful what you say........

Greg and others. At the moment I'm reading Great Adventures in Small Boats, one of my late bros favorite nautical books. I just finished the chapter on boats lost due to navigation errors or dragging anchor. Sobering!

Back in June 2012 on my way south to my niece's wedding, I thought I was going to lose the Saratogan south of Point No Point. I've seen my share of bad water over the 25 years I was in the marine towing and rescue business, but that Point No Point water was the worst I've ever seen. If you could imagine the 31 airborne at 16 knots!

Well, I looked like a drown rat when I got into Kingston, but I made it. A little salt water damage to my instruments and panel switches, but that was it. Twenty five minutes in seven to ten foot short confused seas. It was ugly.

There have been some goodly sized power boats lost there over the years, so your post: "It Sank" hits a little too close to home............

See you at the meeting in Tacoma. I have lots to say....
          Cheers,

Tim

Comment

Any 31 footer out of the water is never good, but the Saratogan!! OMG, that had to be a pucker factor of 10! Sure scared for your life and rightfully so, but damage to the boat

Comment

Tim, I had a situation in Port Gardiner where I was seriously considering putting my boat into the rip rap along the railroad tracks. It took me 3 hrs. to get from Mukilteo to the Everett. Got jumped by a storm. I hope I never have to go through that again.
              My printer does not do pictures well but I will try.
              Greg James

Comment

Tim, I had a situation in Port Gardiner where I was seriously considering putting my boat into the rip rap along the railroad tracks. It took me 3 hrs. to get from Mukilteo to the Everett. Got jumped by a storm. I hope I never have to go through that again.
                My printer does not do pictures well but I will try.
                Greg, No need to print it. Maybe you can email it to me?

Can't remember if it was the same trip (wedding) or the Opening Day Lake Union - Lake Washington trip in May 2011, but I was heading home and motored out of Shilshole into a 35 knot Norwester. Seas were four to five feet (short wave length) rolling south. I waited an hour inside Shilshole hoping it would let up. It didn't. I did not want to overnight at Shilshole, so I motored out of the north exit, turned north and throttled up to 16 knots. The ride was smooth although I'd take a little spray over the bridge windshield on the five footers. By the time I got to Edmonds, sea was down to two feet, so stayed the night there.

Puget Sound can be nasty when you get the wind opposing the tide. It's quite different from the islands or Juan De Fuca.

Comment

Greg, Great to see you at the meeting and thanks for the pictures of my tow boat. Those are some great shots. Miss that boat!
                  Cheers,

Tim

Comment

Tim, I'll email that other picture to you soon. Susie has to do it cuz I'm to puter dum to do it.2014-06-21 13.47.42.jpg Here's another that we will send you.
                    Greg James

Comment

Thanks Greg. That Summer solstice cruise was fun. Sorry to hear that you were "BANNED" on this website.....but then realizing that you are such a bad-ass! HA!
                      Cheers,

Tim

Comment

Tim, I'll email that other picture to you soon. Susie has to do it cuz I'm to puter dum to do it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]12694[/ATTACH] Here's another that we will send you.
                        Greg, They call them things, ConFusers not computers
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen
                        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
                          Thanks Greg. That Summer solstice cruise was fun. Sorry to hear that you were "BANNED" on this website.....but then realizing that you are such a bad-ass! HA!
                          Cheers,

Tim
                          When I got a call from Chuck about him and Greg being Banned Forever, I thought, What the hell ??? How did that happen, then I had to laugh, Hard
                          I mean, my wing man was Banned, how the hell ???

Ed was able to fix it and all was good but it still makes me smile that it happened out of the blue like it did.

Wow, now that I think about it, I wonder if this happened to people we have not heard from, Clint? Lowell ? This could be a devastating mess......
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
                            When I got a call from Chuck about him and Greg being Banned Forever, I thought, What the hell ??? How did that happen, then I had to laugh, Hard
                            I mean, my wing man was Banned, how the hell ???

Ed was able to fix it and all was good but it still makes me smile that it happened out of the blue like it did.

Wow, now that I think about it, I wonder if this happened to people we have not heard from, Clint? Lowell ? This could be a devastating mess......
                            I was initially banned for life also, but Ed got it straightened out in a hurry. I did promise to never do whatever it was that got me banned, as soon as I figured out what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan D View Post
                              I was initially banned for life also, but Ed got it straightened out in a hurry. I did promise to never do whatever it was that got me banned, as soon as I figured out what it was.
                              I am glad we were able to get that figured out real quick....
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                              X