Joe !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe !

Take a look on the Main Forum under by title subject of "WORKS" and you will see Patrick zipping along in Rosario with me on Lake Whatcom in 2005. Where is he now?? He did go back East at one time and then came back and then went where ? Nice guy ! See how close Chippewa is to Rosario is ? Did talk to Jerry about it first as far as painting the burgundy and grey. Still might paint the bottom burgundy and the canvas burgundy as well. Will be changing the windshield back to the original next year.Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Originally posted by Skagitguy View Post
    Take a look on the Main Forum under by title subject of "WORKS" and you will see Patrick zipping along in Rosario with me on Lake Whatcom in 2005. Where is he now?? He did go back East at one time and then came back and then went where ? Nice guy ! See how close Chippewa is to Rosario is ? Did talk to Jerry about it first as far as painting the burgundy and grey. Still might paint the bottom burgundy and the canvas burgundy as well. Will be changing the windshield back to the original next year.Chuck
    Hi Chuck.
    I did see that post as I was in checking things out.
    You did such a good job on Rosario no reason Chippewa can't be her bigger sister

Patrick was a cool guy, always at the events and meetings taking pictures. Last I heard he was working for that boat manufacture that was in Aberdeen. Hope all is well and he has just changed interests..
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Last I heard, Patrick moved back to New Jersey about five years ago
      17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
      18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
      19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
      25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
      14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
      14' Stilleto

Comment

Karl, Yea but he came back.

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy View Post
          Karl, Yea but he came back.
          I remember he came back, went to work at that big Yacht building place and then sold the Bell Boy to Marty.
          After that, I lost track of him unless he left again.
          I remember him telling us he had family on the east coast some place.
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Yes, Patrick came back after the relocation back east. He worked for 6 months or so at a fabrication company in Preston, Wa (east of Issaquah) and was getting settled in, then the job ended and he put his shingle out for his photography/graphic arts skills. I found his website with neat photos of cars, tattoos, etc. about a year ago. Oddly enough, just searching for him online a week ago and his website is gone. Have no idea where he is or what he's doing.
            Attached- transferring Evinrude V4 into Patrick's truck-right of pic. L to R- Bill Roberts, Patrick McKay, Clint Strobel. We think Patrick got home without high centering on a railroad crossing....
            BrucebDSCN1485.JPG

Comment

I wonder if that is the motor i gave him. I do know he traded back and forth a little. Chuck

Comment

I think Clint might clear up that motor ownership thing- he had Bill help load it in Bill's truck, then it went into Patrick's. Clint thinks it's still at Marty's, but it may have been used in trade with Marty for storage (?) of the boat 21819_DSC01594.jpgat Marty's.

Comment

My oh my how the worm turns! I bought a couple of those Evinrude's from Patrick right before he moved out of town. My plan was to put a couple of them together and use them on my Glasscraft. Unfortunately, if you haven't guessed yet, I really don't know that mich about engines. Neither of those Evinrude's were able to get it running and so now I have them in my shop. Anybody want them? In fact now I even have a third one. Two 68's and one 67. 100hps
                  17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
                  18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
                  19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
                  25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
                  14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
                  14' Stilleto

Comment

Working...
                  X